~Not Normal~

He spent this week digging up more on her file. He eventually found out -after snooping through her phone and laptop- that she was a world-famous -and rich- author. No wonder she could afford that penthouse and what was in her closet.

He also found out that her friend, Lucas was a detective. A very wealthy and powerful detective who had hidden her and wiped her file.

That wasn't good.

Not good at all.

He slept in the guest room for a few hours each night but being restless enough to go back to work. He just wanted to give her space from what she had found out about him being that boy she met all those years ago.

He avoided seeing her puffy and tear-stained cheeks every night she slept. He hated he had to be the bad guy to her. The more he saw her tears, the more he realized that he never should have taken her.

He should've just asked her out like a regular human being.

But he wasn't a regular human being.

He wasn't even sure if he was even human anymore.

He's not normal.

He wasn't even lucid anymore.

He just wanted her to not be afraid. He wanted to give her the affection and care she deserved but sadly the emotion he wasn't capable of giving.

He knew he couldn't let her go though. He had enemies. Enemies who wanted what he controlled. Enemies who wanted what he owned and take away his power.

But he would rather die than give her to the power-hungry, misogynistic, and criminal rivals. Even if he had to keep her here, he wouldn't allow his mistakes and foes to take her away from him. Her safety and wellbeing were his top priority...even if she was too innocent to be dragged into his mayhem and didn't deserve any of this.

~

He opened the door and was greeted with emerald eyes staring right back at him as she sat on the bed. He kept his gaze void of emotion but soft and gentle.

Her stare was doubtful and laced with general apprehension.

Oh, how he had missed looking into those sage-myrtle eyes that seemed to tell every story in the world.

Telling him epics, sonnets, and songs with just one look. Telling him everything he wanted and needed to hear.

Her blonde hair pulled back in a messy bun as she wore a simple sports bra and sweatpants that highlighted her toned curves. Even in the simplest of things, she was the most beautiful woman he would ever see.

And she cursed herself for thinking that he was the most drool-worthy man ever.

His hair was neat with the gel that tamed his jet-black voluminous curls as one stray wave fell on his temple. It looked so...delicate. So soft to the naked eye.

His abs slightly showcasing against the thin fabric of his black shirt that had two buttons undone to show off his tattoos and muscular chest. His arms, neck, and hands were inched in ink with all sorts of words and designs with gold rings on two of his fingers. His arms flexed effortlessly with every little movement.

His dark jeans hid his muscled legs, fit him perfectly with each step he took near her.

His face was relaxed and his body was less tense than it normally was, making a heavyweight of fear evaporate into thin air and leave her body.

'Cameron and Noctifer are two different people.'

She chanted that phrase in her head like a prayer, counting on the hope that everything would be okay. She had faith that Clara and Lily were right...she was pleading that they were right.