Ch.1 : My name is Horror

(Authors note: contents in this book may be disturbing to viewers. This story is meant to be a nuclear apocalypse themed book and will likely have dark scenes. Viewer discretion is advised: violence, weapon use, horror. 

Also note: The first two chapters will be in first person but the rest will be third person.)

The world is ending now

Tic Tock Tic

and the bomb is coming now

Tic Tock Tic

It crashed. Down. Into the green ground.

And every. One. Died.

That was a twisted song my brother always sang to me. It was our comfort song for this scary time. I don't know what happened back then, the bomb dropped at least one hundred years ago perhaps. The effects of the bomb still last to this day....so many horrifying effects. Me and him were always fighting to survive and live the next day, sometimes it doesn't feel like it's worth it. So many things go wrong in this world. Relationships don't last, Eventually people will leave you or kill for food. People weigh you down, they're just another mouth to feed and someone to look after. Sometimes I wonder why my brother didn't give up on me. Here, It would be considered mercy to just kill someone in their weakest state. The less people around here the safer it is.Despite everything that went wrong he always smiled at me and told me to put my chin up. 'Move forward', he would always tell me. I followed his word and pushed ahead despite everything I've faced.  As I grew up in this world I learned many valuable things. Rules...you could call them. They are important to me, as I follow them to survive.

First rule: Don't listen to the angels. They'll lead you to a gruesome torture and your death will be long and painful. You're lucky if it's quick. They sound sweet, they look somewhat normal from behind but, once you look at their eyes you can see its soulless and bleeding.Funny, their names are ironic...their names should be devils. What are 'angels'? Well, they are husks of people...their shell is left here and something else takes over. I heard radioactivity turned people's brains to mush, destroying their humanity. In turn, they turn into monsters. Their appearances change too. Aside from dripping eyes, they look skinny. Their skin or turn turns grey or a muddied dull color. They also walk as if they're limping. Easy to spot, easy to avoid. It's when they see you is the problem. Not all angels are the same, some are violent, others are a bit calmer. However all endings are the same if you don't escape: death. The first time I saw an angel was when I was young. My brother was pointing them out and told me to avoid them like the plague.

Rule two: Keep any food you find. Even if it's rotten...you'll never know when your next meal will come around. Mold can be scraped off, just eat whatever is untainted quickly. I wonder why my brother kept me around. We always were hungry. I think he kept me because of brotherly love. I'll admit, I am grateful for him feeding me but, most of the time he needed it more. I always felt bad for eating...my brother always looked away but I could still see the hunger in his eyes. I developed a habit to eat half of the food he gave me then later claim I 'found' some food, giving it to him. It made me happy when he ate something. I always snuck a little extra food onto his plate when he wasn't looking.

Rule three: Stay indoors or find a building to stay in at night. The angels get a little more monstrous at night. Turn off any lights too, it attracts them like moths to a lamp. I found this out when me and my brother stayed out a little later than usual. We were using flashlights and a horde was running towards a building we were crashing at. Thankfully, angels have poor eyes. When we turned off our flashlights they stopped and wandered off.  Needless to say, that night me and Sugar held onto each other as if the world was ending again. We were both scared.