~Air & Cigarette~

5 weeks later.

These last 5 were like the universe was trying to fool her. Every morning, she would come out of the room to eat in the kitchen while she talked with Clara. She would leave around 12 p.m to go to her publisher's office every Wednesday with her bodyguard, Adrian.

Adrian Carter Adler was a serious man at first. He always called her 'Miss' after Ariella insisting that he call her by her name. Adrian never listened but gave in after a few days of Ariella constantly arguing with him.

He couldn't be older than 24 but still, he looked to be an MMA fighter. He was muscular in every aspect and at least 6'4 to complement his daunting frame. He wore sunglasses even when it was cloudy and remained a reasonable distance from Ariella whenever she was out so no one suspected they were walking together.

Sometimes, Ariella forgets he was there from how stealthy he was. Noctifer said that Adrian was his most trusted man and the most deadly next to Leo.

And she couldn't deny that Adrain was one fine man.

(You can see what Adrian looks like on the part labeled 'Cast/disclaimer')

He had hickory-tawny streaks against his thick, poufy, wild, windswept-curls. His hair had elements and hues of umber and warm chocolate tones to compliment his light caramel skin with his angular and sharp features. His eyes were hot sable with toffee shimmers, a deep and mysterious undertone.

The more they spent time together, the more Ariella found out that he was just as childish and light-hearted as she suspected underneath his calm and monotonous attitude.

Anytime she went out, Cameron would be waiting for her in his office and they would spend the rest of the day together. She would work in his office or read one of the books on the shelves while he found it hard to concentrate with her within arm's reach.

Surprisingly, her situation didn't seem like she had been kidnapped at all. She was free to do or go wherever she wanted as long as she had protection. No curfew and no one told her what she could or couldn't do.

She had gotten...comfortable with him and living there. Comfortable enough to be in the same room with him without being stiff as a board.

Lily came over a few times a week to keep her company while they had quality time to get to really know each other. They had gotten very close and on a path to becoming best friends.  She felt as if she had finally met someone who understood her with the similarities of their pasts. She had also gotten to know Leo very well and found that he was quite a prankster and fun to be around. Leo always made her laugh and they both enjoyed each other's company.

Cameron told her that her penthouse was still under her name and waiting for her if she wanted to leave...but she had no reason to leave. She knew it wasn't good to get too close but part of her knew that he was no danger to her.

And she might've liked not being so lonely anymore...

She liked being around people who cared about her and filled the vacancy in her life, and Leo, Adrian, Lily, and Cameron were those people.

Still, her mind was hesitant about Cameron.

Not once had he hurt her.

Not once did he touch her in any way she wasn't comfortable with.

Not once did he show her the monster that lurked and waited to be let free.

Not once did he show her the real Noctifer.

Not once.

If she didn't know of his reputation then she would have no reason to be scared or doubtful of him...but she did know.