4. ex boyfriend's brother ⛈️

It's been 15 days of me crying over Ram. Basically, you are reading about the part of my life when I broke up with him. I was feeling pain, and my longing for Ram is still present. Technically, I should be with Sana, helping her look good and planning her bachelor party.

Yeah! My best friend is getting married to an NRI (Non-Residential Indian, basically an Indian who is citizen of another country). She will move to London after the marriage. So, all I have left is 5 days with her. So, instead of wasting time on my ex, I'm walking to Sana's house.

I can already hear the orchestra, all those crazy high notes boosting my mood. I am wearing a yellow crop top and a flouncy midi skirt, with my dupatta (decorative long scarf) trailing on the floor.

My dupatta, a decorative long scarf, is trailing along the floor when someone unexpectedly picks it up and chastises me, "You ruined the rangoli (the mandala art with colored sand)."

Startled, I turn to see, and with no intention to feel guilty, I respond casually, "Yeah, Ved, I am sorry,"

Ved replies with a hint of reproach, "Where is your politeness?"

I walk past the rangoli, drawing a central axis in the middle, and then turn back to face Ved. "I feel bad about my actions. Please forgive me," I mockingly express. Because I am feeling numb about most of the emotions.

It dawns on me that Ved, being Ram's younger brother, already knows about our breakup. So, there was a hint of upsetness in his tone but It seems he is the only one aware of it, while everyone else remains oblivious.

Sana is resplendent in her bridal attire, and a bittersweet feeling overcomes me. A tear rolls down my cheek as I fear losing her. Sana then commands, "Come here!" and we embrace each other tightly. In a hushed tone, she says, "I am sorry I am leaving you in this situation. Don't worry; we will stay in touch." Despite the tears in my eyes, a smile appears on my face, as I am both happy and sad. We exchange a tender kiss on each other's cheeks.

I join the girl group and catch the beat. We perform a dance dedicating to Sana.

In the middle of the dance, I take a spin, and my dupatta gets dislodged and falls away from me. I bend down to pick up my fallen dupatta, and as I stand up, I find Sana's cousin Ram, aka my ex-boyfriend, standing in front of me.

He asks, "Seems like you moved on already?"

"Moving on is the best revenge, isn't it? I highly recommend it," I say with a cool demeanor and walk over to the buffet. Munching on some fruit salad, I look around for a not-so-busy girl to help me tame my dupatta. I see Ved busy bonding with his brothers, and it feels like the taste of the mango I am having right now.

I walk up to one of Sana's aunts for help.

"Meera aunty, could you please help me with my dupatta?" I ask.

"Be careful, they know that you were Ram's girlfriend," Meera aunty discreetly warns me while fixing my dupatta. But Meera aunt don't know that Ram is not my boyfriend anymore.

"So, you're flirting with his brother too!" Shabi aunty exclaims.

"No, no... I've seen her flirting with both the brothers here today," Rasi aunty adds.

"Dating a CEO must be fun right?" The aunt I have never seen or talk to says.

"Focus of your fried tofu aunt. It's getting cold and let me focus on whoever I want to." I politely reply. I leave that place and head for the washroom.