Chapter One|It's time

"Lisa baby," I said. I rubbed my hand around her belly. "You know how we can't have kids?"

She sighed, "yeah I know."

"Why don't we adopt," I asked curious to why we both never came to this conclusion. Lisa sprung up with excitement,

"Babe that's a wonderful idea!" She sat down to regain her calmness. "So when do you want to adopt," Lisa asked.

"Like now." She smiled so bright you could see your reflection through her white teeth.

•*•*•*•*•

We returned home, but it wasn't the same I was holding my baby boy in my arms. (Joey is six). "Welcome home," I greeted my little Joey. I shut the door behind me and Lisa. "Does Joey want to be an airplane?"

"Yes daddy I want to fly," he cheered in excitement. I picked Joey up into my arms and swung him round.

"Lisa babe, can you make dinner," I shouted from the front door walking to the living room with my baby boy in my arms.

"Sure Shane," Lisa shouted from the kitchen. I swung Joey round and around and them flopped him on the couch and began tickling him.

"Daddy... Hehe... Ticklish... Stop," Joey shouted as I tickled him.

"Okay," I fake pouted.

"Awe daddy," he kissed me on the cheek. "Where is my bedroom," Joey asked.

"Upstairs last door on the right." I smiled my baby boy's room was across from mine (and Lisa's).

"Daddy," Joey cheered, "carry me up!" I couldn't resist my Joey's request, I put my left arm under his legs and my right arm was keeping his head up. "Yay," Joey cheered as I leaped up the stairs.

"Ok baby boy, you play with these," I dumped some wooden building blocks on the ground. "I'll call you when supper is ready."

"Ok daddy." I hopped down the steps of the stairs. As I walked behind Lisa entering the kitchen I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Hey baby," I whispered in her ear.

"Hey Shane, how is little Joey?"

"He's playing with some wooden building blocks, waiting for supper," I told her.

"You're quite the super dad aren't you," she chuckled.

"I guess so," I laughed along with her. "What is for supper?"

"Chicken, peas and potatoes."

"Mm," I responded, "sounds yummy." I paused thinking. "Make sure you take the skins out of the mashed potatoes," I added.

"I know," Lisa smiled, "I know you hate them."

•*•*•*•*•

I leaped up the steps and walked into Joey's room I picked him up and spun him. "Daddy," he yelled.

"Dinner time baby boy!" I carried him downstairs to the dinner table and plopped him in his seat. "Eat up Joey boy. Eat all of it." He glanced at the small portions of food on his plate. In no time Lisa and I were done our plates but we stayed at the table with Joey. Joey had eaten his peas and mashed potatoes but looked at his chicken.

"Daddy," he looked up from his plate.

"Yes baby boy," I asked.

"Can you cut my chicken into little bites?"

"Of course Joey boy." I walked over to the other side of the table (Shane sat across from Joey). And used my knife to cut his chicken into small little bites. "All good," I asked.

"Great," Joey said as he took a fork full of chicken into his mouth.

________________

I really hope you like this, and pweeeaaase leave a comment telling me if you like this chapter. Have a good night/day ya'll. See YOU, next time I update.