C90. Hungry Ghost Festival (2)

Wu Ruo was speechless as the guards were holding more and more toys and snacks. But he didn't stop them since the boy was so happy.

As they got closer to the temple fair, the street got busier, packed with more people. From a distance, they could already hear the drums.

Eggie sat on Hei Gan's shoulders and shouted excitedly as he heard the drum, "Uncle Gan, come on. Let's get closer."

"You got it." Hei Gan elbowed through the crowd and finally made it to the roadside in front of the temple fair.

The folks all made space for the parade to pass through. Kids on the roadside applauded and shouted excitedly as the lion dance team was passing by. In the team, the lion dance consisted of two people acting as one lion; one waved the lion head and the other controlled the lion's body, doing all kinds of lion actions.

Following the lion dance was the land boat dancing. The performers didn't row a real boat. The fake boat was made of two thin boards which were fixed by bamboo and wood into a shape of boat, and covered by a piece of colorful cloth. A girl wore it around her waist as if she was sitting in a boat, holding paddles in her hands, singing local tunes while dancing. There was also a man character who dressed like her passenger. He acted funny to make people laugh. Click the external link to unlock the whole chapter 90 - Hungry Ghost Festival (2)