| Timeline |

WARNING FOR NEW READERS: CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR LATEST CHAPTERS OF THE BOOK

Hi! If you're new, welcome to Slaves of the Empire. If you're not, welcome back!

I've received a lot of questions about character ages and key events in this story, so I figured I'd delve into my top-secret worldbuilding notes and compile a timeline you guys can use for reference. For the ease of readers cross-referencing this story with Wookieepedia and other sources, this timeline uses the established Before the Battle of Yavin/After the Battle of Yavin dating system (BBY/ABY), in which year 0 is when the Battle of Yavin occurs.

Since Coruscant's planetary particulars are what sets Galactic Standard time and they are identical to Earth's (24-hour day, 365-day orbit), I also split a year on Coruscant into twelve months. That way, I have the option to specify if the amount of months between events is relevant (which you'll see it often is). For example, the notation '32.3BBY' is thirty-two years before the Battle of Yavin and specifically three months into that year. I hope this helps, and happy reading!

46BBY:

Padmé Naberrie (known more widely by the surname she would later adopt: Amidala) is born.

42BBY:

Dooku leaves the Jedi Order, taking on his birthright as the Count of Serenno and adopting his new fief as a last name.

41.1BBY:

Anakin Skywalker is born.

39BBY:

Count Dooku Serenno is approached by Sheev Palpatine, alias Darth Sidious, and inducted into the ancient and secret way of the Sith as Palpatine's new apprentice.

38.8BBY:

Aluxsidrian (Lux) Noreino Bonteri is born.

36.2BBY:

Ahsoka Tano is born.

23BBY:

Following an impasse in much-needed negotiations to incentivize foreign companies into further developing Onderon's natural resources, King Ramsis Dendup is deposed. With his charming idealism and refreshing dedication to Onderon, Sanjay Rash is chosen to lead the planet in Dendup's stead.

22.1BBY:

Following several attempts on her life, most recently during the Battle of Geonosis, Padawan Anakin Skywalker spends four months with his lover Padmé Amidala on Naboo, seeing to her safety. The pair are relatively disconnected there, but across the galaxy, skirmishes between Republic and Separatist forces continue to mount.

22.4BBY:

War is officially declared on the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and the need arises for Padmé to return to the Senate and Anakin to join his teacher, Obi-Wan Kenobi, on the frontline. Terrified of what the separation will mean for their growing relationship, Anakin and Padmé secretly marry before parting.

22.5BBY:

In the hopes of instilling a sense of discipline in the hotheaded, recently Knighted General Skywalker by giving him someone to teach it to, Obi-Wan and Master Yoda collude to assign Anakin a Padawan Learner of his own: Ahsoka Tano. Despite their rocky start, Anakin and Ahsoka quickly become a formidable team.