Prologue

"Eve, let's go malling tonight. I've heard that Sm will have their 1 day sale plus exclusive offers and deals to their beloved shoppers and that's us!!! " Tina, my friend, entered my condo unit. Yes, she knows my passcode and she has a spare key too.

   " Ahhh, talaga. Sige game ako jan. But, can you wait? I might be late for tonight because may tatapusin pa ako sa work eh." I gave her the coffee i'm preparing for myself and i made another one for me.

   "Walang problema. I'll just fetch you then." She sipped the coffee i gave her and i nodded.

   "Okay. Bakit pala ang aga mo pumunta dito? And why are you so prepared. Nag red lipstick kapa." Napansin ko ang suot niyang formal dress. Nakared siyang bodyhugging dress with matching blazer.

   "Ummm. Nakalimutan ko. May meeting ako mamaya sa mga clients ko. Remember, yung sinabi kong bigtime na kliyente namin, yung may ari ng resort. Ngayong araw ang scheduled meeting kasi namin. Ngayon na ako magpepresent ng  nagawa kong layout ng pagtatayuan nila ng resort." She put her mug down to the table and sat on the chair facing me.

    I went to the fridge and got a chocolate bar. Kitkat is my favorite but i ran out of it so i gotta stick with the hersheys.

   I went back and sat in front of her. I gave her one pack of chocolate too.

"Yesss. I see. Goodluck then.
Gawin mo best mo gaga ha?" Payo ko sa kanya then we both laughed.

   "At saka, Eve. Malapit na ang pasko. Sana hindi mo makalimutan ang gift mo sa akin." Pagpapa alala niya sa akin.

   " Kapos ako ngayon. And malapit na talagang matapos ang pinapagawa kong bahay.I might need a lot of money to pay the construction workers and the engineer of it. Included kana dun Tina, so, bawas nalang sa suweldo mo ang pambili ko ng gift mo?"
Inasar asar kopa muna siya

   " Eb naman eh!Separate yun! Labas sa trabaho bhe." Reklamo agad ni Tina.I laughed hardly at her expression that my tummy ached.

  "Okay, okay. Binibiro lang naman kita eh. Sobra ka naman girl." I tried to stop laughing and control my breathing because I'm running out of air.

   "At saka nga pala. I'm not only here to chika chika and eat chocolaté with you." Pagbabaling niya ng usapan namin. I straightened my back as i gaze into her eyes a lil serious.

   May inilabas siyang envelope at inilapag ito sa mesa."That's from Thysia,your sister. She went to our department last time and handed me this. She said that you should contact her when you opened the envelope."

   I grabbed the envelope and opened it carelessly as i am so curious to what is inside of it.

   "Bati ba kayo ng kapatid mo?" An out of the blue question of Tina which made me stare at her grinning.

   "Pft. Oo naman. She texted me the day before she went to your department. I said to her that i couldn't come to see her since I'm in Paris for a business meeting." With that, she laughed a little too.

   " Oh, kala ko kung hindi eh" Para siyang nabunutan ng tinik sa malalim niyang pagpakawala ng hininga. She took another sip of her coffee.

   I nodded my head and went back focusing on what the paper say. I opened it and found the picture which made my heartbeat fast. All the angers that has built inside me bursted out as i saw it.

   Tina seemed to notice my change of mood and grabbed the paper on my hand.

   "Teka, ano ba toh?" She looked at the picture and she was surprised to see the person in it too.

   "Wait, ito ba,Eve? Ang lalaking to ba?" I nodded as an answer to her question.

   " Oh, my, goshhh!!!" Napatili siya sa nakita niya at maging ako ay nag uusok na sa galit at maya maya ay unti unti ng tumulo ang mga luha ko.

   She stand and went to me. She then hugged me from the side. "I know, it took you 25 years to find that bullshit. But i know its gonna be worth it. This time." She comforted me with hugs and those words.

She is right.

It took me my whole life to finally see the person who broke me...

...and my family.