1

Kyungja woke up to the sound of her alarm blaring and hit snooze a few times, until she let out a groan and finally decided to leave the comfort of her bed

Kyungja woke up to the sound of her alarm blaring and hit snooze a few times, until she let out a groan and finally decided to leave the comfort of her bed. She tossed the covers off of her body then waltzed over to the closet, letting out a yawn and rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she did so. She grabbed her school uniform from the closet and got ready before heading downstairs, where she found her host mother finishing up breakfast.

As she's setting the plates, she looks up and smiles when she sees Kyungja. "Good morning Kyungja-ssi, did you sleep well?" She asks. "Good morning, sungmo." Kyungja responds with a small smile as she begins to help with getting the table ready, "I slept very well, I didn't want to leave the bed."

"Good, you need plenty of rest at your age. I wouldn't want you to look old like me." The woman says with a small wink. "Aya, don't say that, sungmo! You don't look old at all!" Kyungja protests. "I'm just joking, dear." She responded with a chuckle, "Anyways, are you excited for your first day at school?"

Kyungja had already been in Korea for a week, but today was her first actual day at school. She had arrived a week before her scheduled start date so she could adjust to the time difference and get herself settled in. That way she also had time to get any supplies she would need for the school year.

Before she could answer, they heard a voice coming from the hallway. "Of course she's excited, why wouldn't she be? She's going to be attending the same school as the one and only Kim Hongjoong."

"Sounds more like a curse to me." Kyungja responds with a smirk as the boy with strawberry red hair takes his seat at the table.

"You wound me. And here I thought you loved me." Hongjoong says with a fake pout as he holds his hand over his heart. "Aish, looks like you thought wrong. I only tolerate you." Kyungja replies with a fake pout before she ruffles his hair, just to annoy him. Hongjoong glares at Kyungja and gives her the side-eye as he fixes his hair, but they know each other well enough to know that he isn't actually mad about it.

The three of them finished eating breakfast as they made small talk. Once they had finished and the dishes were washed, the two teens made their way to the bus stop, Hongjoong answering any questions about school that Kyungja had for him. Unfortunately, they wouldn't be in the same class, but he could at least show her around a bit and they would be able to take their breaks and lunches together.

"All joking aside, how are you feeling about starting your first day?" Hongjoong askedas they walked, causing Kyungja to let out a sigh. "I don't know, Joong. I mean, part of me is excited, but it's still hard. It's like I'm starting all over." She said, "I mean, I don't know anyone out here, and I'm still adjusting to how different things are. What if they don't like me, or they think I'm too different?"

Hongjoong smiles sympathetically,  "I know you aren't too fond of meeting new people, but I'm sure you'll be fine, Noona. If it makes you feel any better, I think you've been adjusting just fine, considering it's only been a week." He said as he lightly set his hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you, Hongjoong, I really appreciate it. I'll just have to be myself and hope for the best, I suppose." She responds with a small smile, grateful that she'll already know at least one person at her new school. "Oh, no, definitely don't do that. I thought you wanted them to like you." Hongjoong joked with a wide grin, resulting in Kyungja playfully hitting his shoulder. "That was rude and uncalled for, I thought we were having a touching moment." she complained.

As they approached the bus stop Kyungja noticed that there was another boy already waiting there, wearing the same uniform as Hongjoong. He had black hair, and was taller than the two of them. When he looked over and saw the duo approaching, he smiled and gave them a wave.

Hongjoong smiled as he returned the wave, and Kyungja meekly did the same to be polite. "Good morning, Yunho. This is Kyungja, she's an exchange student starting today." he said. "Hello, I'm Han Kyungja, it's nice to meet you." The girl greeted with a small bow. "Hello Kyungja, I'm Jeong Yunho," he said, "it's great to finally meet you, Hongjoong-hyung hasn't stopped talking about you all week." he finished with a small chuckle.

Hongjoong let out an embarrassed chuckle as he rubbed at the back of his neck. "I couldn't help it, I was really excited." He sheepishly admitted as the bus arrived. The trio got on and found their seats, then conversed as they made their way to the school. Kyungja mostly listened as Yunho and Hongjoong talked, joining in occasionally. From their conversations, she had learned that Yunho was a first-year, a grade below her and Hongjoong. He had explained that he and Hongjoong had become close friends a few ears prior, when he'd moved into the area. Before then, Hongjoong had been the only kid in the neighborhood, so it must've been a relief to finally have someone else close to his age to be around.

Kyungja was glad that even if Yunho wasn't in the same grade as her, she now knew one person other than Hongjoong at the school. Perhaps she had been overthinking about her first day. 'Maybe starting at this new school won't be that bad after all,' she thought as they reached the stop nearby the school.

Sorry this first chapter isn't super eventful! It's mostly just to kick it off, next chapter will be more eventful (and will actually have Seonghwa in it lmao)! I have a bunch planned for this story, it's just a matter of getting there ^^;