𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

❦ ᴛʀᴜᴍᴘ ᴄᴀʀᴅ ❦

"I volunteered to do so by my own volition

"I volunteered to do so by my own volition."

What?

Peering towards the raven-haired male, she had a look of confusion but also felt nervous about what she was about to hear. Ray noticed her stare and placed his palm on top of hers with a sense of comfort.

"Or rather, it's more like I put myself out there."

"Why..."

"To prepare for our escape." His face contorted into one that looked insane, he added.

"All of this was to prepare for our escape"

He started explaining the details of the 'escape' and Calynn along with Norman looked at their friend nervously, scared to hear his side of the whole story.

"It was the best way for me to understand our enemy and for me to gather resources. That's why I've practically sold myself to the enemy."

The cards weren't completely stacked against me.

Ray also added. "Mama went through all the trouble to cultivate me. I'm part of her pride and joy. Harvesting me halfway should be something that Mama would like to avoid at all cost."

Sure enough, Mama went along with it.

"For her, her gains are more important than the rules. I demanded roughly two things from her. One, that she wouldn't ship me right off the bat if I worked for her. And two, I'd be compensated for my work."

"Compensation... what do you mean with that?" Norman asked.

"All kinds of useless crap. I could get her to order things that weren't found in this house."

Both Calynn and Norman pondered over what Ray said looking at each other before realising what he was scheming with the request.

"In other words, you're trying to see what she could and couldn't get her hands on?" The brunette looked at the ravenette wide eyed.

"Exactly. It was like killing two birds with one stone, since I could also get a taste of the 'outside world' through these demands. In the end, I could almost get anything I wanted, as long as they weren't anything dangerous."

"The only thing that sucked was that all the items I received weren't exactly the newest versions available." He added.

What meticulous preparations...