chapter 1~ his name

A/N: hi guys, omg im so glad to be writing again after two long years. when i started writing this i was really really young haha (still am). i improved my writing and will hopefully start studying journalism after the summer. i hated that i left the story unattended and finally decided to edit chapter by chapter and finish it. hopefully its not that bad. if you're new here: congrats u didnt start with shitty kids writing XD

also major thank you for all the love the past two years, every comment definitely motivated me to start this up again.

~~~~~~~~~~

I entered the school building and headed towards my locker, we had English class first and the teacher was going to check our homework today. My locker is pretty close to the entrance of the school so my walk there was quite short. On my way there a couple of girls from the cheerleading team said their hello's to me, after they passed I could hear them giggling about something but I couldn't pin point what it was exactly.

After about a second or so I realized, Zayn and Stan were behind me.

The dark haired boy decided to pick up his pace to catch up with me, but stan was too lazy and he stayed behind. Zayn eventually reached me and gave me a pat on the back after we did our signature greeting handshake.

"Louis mate what's the hurry wait up!" stan exclaimed with a huff while sort of skipping over in a not so masculine way. I laughed and stuck out my leg to make him stop, I wasn't planning on actually making him trip but he wasn't focusing and faceplanted right in front of a teacher.

"bro you're such a dunce sometimes I swear to god" what I said was almost incoherent because my laughter was so out of control. The teacher looked pleased with our shenanigans but I could understand this could be annoying to her since she was also in a hurry to get to her classroom.

"gentlemen, don't you have a class you need to attend?"

Stan was still on the ground right next to Ms. Pearsons feet, when she started talking he lifted his head and upper body to look her in the eye.

"yes miss P we do, but this asshole over here decided to put his leg out" he was not looking at her anymore but at me, shooting imaginary daggers at me. I couldn't breathe anymore and I started shaking with laughter while grabbing my stomach and hunching over. Pearsons had a chuckle herself but walked away eventually after saying goodbye.

Stan got some help from Zayn and was on his feet again, finally we started making our way to class. English is an easy class and not that bad at this ungodly hour, but I hated it.

Mostly everyone I knew was in that class and that means a lot of people trying to get my attention. I have been a part of the school's football team ever since I enrolled here and that means eyes watching you all the time, mostly girls – cheerleaders – though.

Dating a football player is something most of them wanted or even did but I wasn't interested in them. Everytime I enter any class heads turn towards me and people start talking.

Being in a trio can be annoying when having a class together, someone will always be sitting alone no matter how hard you try. Teachers never allow you to put three tables next to each other. We made a schedule to decide who sits alone at which class, English was mine.

The teacher was late as always but we already had our usual spots, now I just had to wait and see who was going to occupy the empty chair next to me. Three people entered the class room but still no teacher.

Two out of three sat down together and the remaining boy came walking towards me. I knew who he was, not by name but I knew. He was always at my games but didn't really look at the game nor did he really understand it.

To my knowledge one of his friends was my teammate, Niall. Great lad and really knows his way around the field.

"would you mind if I sit down next to you?" the boy asked politely with a slight smile on his face. I nodded and took my bag off of the chair so he could sit down. After he sat down I inspected him a little, he had brown curly hair that was swept to the right side and green eyes. He looked to be a bit younger than I was, my guess was that he was around fifteen or sixteen years old.

Our teacher finally decided to join us and started unpacking his bag and connecting his laptop. I was planning on asking him what his name was and why he was here, since he's never been in this class before but the teacher beat me to it.

"goodmorning class, most of you know my name but we have someone new joining us today so I will be introducing myself all over again" he was talking and straightening out a stack of paper at the same time. People looked annoyed and some even started looking around the classroom for an unfamiliar face. The boy next to me tried to make himself small to not attract too much attention to himself, but it was too late.

"my name is Mr. Tanher but you can call me Will unless you annoy the fuck out of me. Your new classmate is a smart one, his old teacher wanted him to be taught English at a higher level so that's why he's here. Could you please tell us a little bit about yourself Harry?" Mr. Tanher was a bit on the young side and even spoke like he was one of us. Most teachers don't curse unless you really really annoy them, they probably want to curse some of us out every second but it's not allowed.

Harry's cheeks tinted a slight pink at the mention of his name, but he did start talking. He told us his last name – styles – and his age which I guessed right, sixteen. He had a nice voice to listen to but it had definitely not yet fully matured.

Will tried to push him to tell a fun fact about himself but harry ignored it and let his head hang. Some girls were already staring at him and criticizing every small detail down to his socks. He was a good looking lad and the girls also noticed that. The whispering had started the second he walked through the door and only stopped a little while the teacher was talking.

After that whole ordeal the lesson was quite boring and even the teacher didn't really focus on what he had to teach. During the lesson I only had one little conversation with Harry to ask him what he did to be so good in English, beside that we didn't talk at all.

When the bell finally rung everyone was already packed and ready to go, some had even packed their bag ten minutes ago.

I was so interested in the boy that I totally forgot about my friends for the entire class, they were speaking with each other and I was on my own and didn't even mind.

We stood up and exited the classroom, it was breaktime. Normally we go outside to smoke and then spend the remainder of our break inside the cafeteria. I told the boys that they could either wait for me or head outside and they would see me there, they chose the latter.

Since Harry moved up a year he had to wait for his friends to walk over from the other side of the building, this was something he told me back inside. I walked over to him and tapped his back to make him turn around.

"hi, harry right? You're friends with Niall right? We sometimes hang with him during the breaks, so if you'd like you can join us as well" right after I said that I realized it might come off as weird that I know he's friends with Niall but I decided to let it go. He accepted my offer graciously by saying thank you with a big smile. We decided to wait on him and another friend of his together and then go outside.

Even though we never spoke before our conversations were quite interesting and we could find common ground on a lot of things. I like playing football and he likes watching people play it, so we mostly talked about that. He didn't understand everything I said about football but he loved listening.

Niall finally arrived along with a boy who introduced himself to me as Liam, apparently he had known harry since kindergarten. It felt like an hour had gone by but we had only walked out of the classroom five minutes ago. Which meant we only had twenty minutes of break time left.

In the meantime I had received a text from Stan that stated they had already moved to the cafeteria and saved me a spot. That means I will have to skip my cigarette for today.

You'd think I would mind but I didn't really care, Harry had distracted me and I kind of enjoyed talking to him.