Chapter 8

**(Edited)**

Brody's POV

"GEMMA!!" I yell at the top of my lungs trying to catch her.

"Brody?!" She asks stopping as she looks me up and down as I run over to her, for a girl so small she can walk quickly in heels. I move over off of the sidewalk close the the building entrance beside us as she looks at me. Those baby blues, those things fuck me over so bad.

"Gemma" I whisper back as I look at her and she smiles and I can't help but love that smile. This girl is going to be the death of Brody Theo Kingston.

"So much for formal introductions, I'm Gemma Ashton. Sorry about what happened back there. I just umm- it's kind of personal." She rasps out as I nod and look at her. I know what she's talking about, she's probably found out about him telling everyone. I still can't believe that he actually did that.

"Are you okay?" I ask as she nods and smiles. "I've never felt better. I've been so stuck to him and I finally told him how I feel. I broke up with him." She whispers as I grin at her.

"I'm proud, he's an asshole" I tell her as she smiles.

"What are you doing tonight?" I ask as she looks up. She looks right in my eyes as she talks, "Probably going to celebrate!"

She looks so happy now. I can't help but think he was weighing her down. I want to take her out, right here, right now, I want her.

"Do you go and get something to eat? Or maybe coffee?" I ask as she sighs.

"I just got out of a relationship Brody, I don't want to move into-" she responds as I cut her off, "Food?" I question as she smiles.

"You know what I mean" she mumbles as I grin at her. "Just go get something to eat with me, no strings attached. I just moved here yesterday and I have no idea about the city." I tell her as she sighs.

"What the hell? Why not?" She asks as I grin.

"Take me to your favorite pace" I demand as she nods. I pull her hip as we walk down the sidewalk and she grins, "Okay, there this place downtown and it's not far from here but they have the best chicken parmesan ever."

"Alright Gem" I tell her as she grins. I reach down and take her hip leading her with me as she keeps walking.

"So Brody where are you from?" She asks as I start, "Atlanta Georgia, I played for the Falcons since my whole family was on the coaching staff before I got the chance to come here and play." I tell her as she nods.

We pass a few people as we turn left and cross a street together. "What about you?"

"I was born and raised here by my mom, we actually own Gemma Cosmetics. Makeup's my passion, and I'd like to get into hair products eventually. I'm assuming football is yours?" She asks as I nod.

"Undoubtedly yes, I'm a quarterback and I love it. The pays not to bad either" I tell her as she nods.

"Here we are!" She exclaims as we make it to a small Italian restaurant. She walks with me as we get seated on the patio outside under the lights and close to the side of the street.

"I know the owners wife, she's friends with one of the assistants I hired a while back." She tells me as I nod and look around at the place. I order a water and she orders a fruity virgin drink as we sit.

I look at her face as she watches people walk by and I am just shocked at how beautiful she is. She's gorgeous, "Why are you staring?" She asks as I smile at her.

"You're beautiful" I tell her truthfully as she laughs.

"Thank you, so what was going on whenever I got to the bar? You looked like you wanted to kill Christian." She asks as I sigh. I guess she deserves to know since I'm taking her on a date. I don't care what she says this is our first date.