Chapter 1: The Birth of Eren Yeager.

Eren is six months old when he finally stops crying every time Zeke holds him in his arms.

A quiet sigh of delight escapes from Zeke's mouth before he turns to Carla with the widest grin she has ever seen on his face.

"He's not crying!" Zeke whispers, looking just seconds away from bursting with excitement and tears. Carla feels happy at the sight. She has been so worried the two wouldn't get along. But it seems her worries are for nothing.

She grins back, feelings just as excited. "You're on your way to being a great big brother, Zeke" Carla smiles softly. He beams so sweetly that she can't help but to ruffle his hair in fondness.

The more time that pastes, Zeke's protectiveness grows more. He watches Eren like a hawk. Making sure he was comfortable with the setting he's in, or making sure he eats enough, make sure that Eren isn't around anything that could hurt him or stopping him from putting his dirty hands in his mouth.

Every night Zeke reads a book, mostly fairytales, to the child. In his free time he'd read about handling babies with dedication that makes Carla wonder who actually had the baby. Then he would explain to the rest of the family of what he read and talk about the information found with what he has observed with Eren. Carla is pretty sure Zeke's baby notes about Eren is much more detailed than her's.

The only time he isn't by Eren's side is when he has to be at the Warrior Headquarters. Carla has no doubts that he talks everyone's ears off about Eren to everyone he meets. At least, that's the only explanation she has as to why everyone in the interment zone seems to know every little bit about Eren. It won't be a lie to say that she feels like she learns more about her youngest when she's gossiping with other people of Liberio, and this is counting the Marleyan guards at the gates.

———————

But there's only so much that Zeke can understand, the only problem that he's having right now, is his baby brothers cry's. The loud foot steps awaken everyone in the house as Zeke jumps outta bed and goes to Eren's bedside. His face is filled with panic and worry. He slowly picks up the baby and holds him.

Zeke rocks the baby softly, saying "shh" in a calm voice. After a moment, Eren's cry's don't stop. "Eren, please tell me what's wrong!"

Carla walked to the room faster when she hears Zeke's cry's for Eren to answer him. Carla sighs and enters their shared room with an apologetic smile. After giving Zeke a small thank you of a head pat, she picks up Eren from him and tries to soothe him with a soft lullaby. As it did the first three times, Eren calms and falls asleep. She has no doubt that he will be up in a few hours to wake them all up again.

"It's okay Zeke, you did your best" she smiled at him. "Why don't I watch him for the night? He's probably gonna do it again, and you have a mission tomorrow, you'll need rest"

Zeke looks up at Carla. "Just for tonight?"

"Yes, I'll even teach you the lullaby" The guilty in her stomach goes away after seeing Zeke beam at her with delight. Carla smiles and caresses his cheek.

——————-

Although it's sometimes hard to admit that Eren's first words were "Zee" she was happy that the boy had a bright grin and the look on his face was cute.

"Zee!" Eren says again.

"Ya, that's right Eren. Zeke" Zeke cheers him on.

Carla smiles at the sight of the two brothers together.

——————