one

CHAPTER ONE

       Greta Adams always knew she was different

       Greta Adams always knew she was different. nothing like her siblings, friends, or cousins. Always wondered what makes her so different. How her parents treat her, her grandparents, and everyone around her. She thought she might be sick, that she was dying soon. but no, she is not sick or dying soon. she is fine, that is what she has been telling herself, and yes she is okay. Days and months turned into years, with wondering and Greta finally knew what was different about her from the others.

She is a witch.

Yes, a witch. She is to be a student in a Wizarding school called Hogwarts, and she just received an envelope. never in a million years, had Greta thought she was a witch. sick maybe, but not a witch. now with her knowing that she is a witch, other thoughts filled up her little mind, How can someone be a witch? why her parent aren't like her? Aren't all witches and wizards evil? What is Hogwarts like? and many many questions that only certain people can answer, and she can't wait any longer.

Greta Adams stood beside her parents, she watched a girl her age going through a wall without a single harm, mouth gaped, and widened eyes as she watched more people do the same. looking back at her family, she realized that the moment she steps into the wall, she would enter a brand new world where the thing she never thought ever exist, existed, and that does seem to frighten her a bit. Greta gulped and tugged her mother's blouse as her mother looked down at her, she hugged her.

"Now listen to me, Greta. Everything is going to be all right." her mother assured. "You will go in there and then the next time we see you will tell us everything that you've learned. Okay?"

"Of course." Greta gave her a little smile and hugged her back and her eyes landed on her father whose face was adorned with a teary smile.

"Come here, darling." Her father opened his arms and kneeled as his daughter threw herself onto him and hugged him tightly while tears ran down her cheeks. "Oh my darling, Don't cry, It is only a matter of months before we get to see each other again. and I know, my sweet angel will be one of the greatest witches Hogwarts will ever have."

"I know." She nodded her head. "but I promise you, I won't turn to be an evil witch like the stories you've told me, I promise I'll be a good witch."

Her parents laughed at her silly thoughts. Her mother held her face in her hand and stared into her eyes before kissing her on the forehead. "I know, we know you will be a great witch and use your witchy powers for good. and just like what your father said, Hogwarts will be lucky to have you. Now off you go. You don't want to miss the train."

Stepping back away from her parents, Greta looked at the wall under platform 9¾ and sighed. She turned back and gave her parents one last smile before pushing her cart standing right in front of the wall and going right through it. She closed her eyes during the process and as she opened them. Greta gasped from the view. A train, a red and black train awaits her, she watches as kids her age and older ones wave at their parents through the window of the train's cabin. Greta smiled at the scene and moved forward.