When You Don't Celebrate Christmas

Friday, December 25th, is a special time of the year for most people, but to some, it's not that special. It's just another holiday for them, another holiday that they do not celebrate and somehow. You are apart of those people who do not celebrate Christmas. You mostly spent your Christmas alone, but you always acknowledge that Christmas is here or coming, "but is it really necessary to celebrate it?" Is something that you question.

You unlocked your phone and skimmed through the messages that were piling up for weeks. You tapped on the group chat, 'NCT + Y/n'. There was a lot of spam messages of presents and snow covered tree. The mix of jealousy and irritation suffocated your mind. But you continued to scroll down the messages and Taeyoung's message caught your eye.

'Y/n, if you're free. Wanna hang out at the label? It'll be fun of course.' He wrote under the spam messages. 'And sorry for Mark's spam, he just wanted to see you.'

You scrolled down eve father from his message and Jeno wrote, 'There will be chocolate and cake :p'

Annoyed that his text, you quickly answered back, 'I'll go only if you guys don't get me a present.'

'Okay~' Yuta replied.

You swiftly tossed your phone to the table and you dashed to the window. The ground piled with white fluffy snow and many people fooled with the new snow that was casted on that happy day. The cold wind picked up everything, from shriveled leaves to heats that were generated by the people's body. You groaned loudly and you headed to your room. You fling your clothes on the bed and swiftly skimmed through the giant pile. In the end, you only picked warm and cozy clothing. Like a baggy sweater and blue pants with blackberry boots. And on top of that, a mucky brown jacket. You exited your bedroom and approached the table where your phone is at. You tucked your phone in the pocket of the jacket and some cash. You headed to the front door. And once you touched the cold knob, peeling the door from the ledge, the cold breeze greeted your presences. Snow slowly escaped from the environment and landed on the brown wood flooring. You stepped out and crunched the snow flat against your boot.

'It's freakin COLD! AGH! ...... But I suppose it's for a good cause to go there.' You uttered as you breathed in the piercing air.

You turned to your front door and stared at your empty house. Slowly closing the grey door and you took a good look at the neighboring houses. Laughter echoed through the enclosed 'hallway' and you leisurely wandered up the neighborhood. Your presence imprinted on the snow as you made way to your destination. And some unknown reason, you found yourself carrying a huge bag of goodies. You gently hugged the blue bag and strolled to their label. Enjoying the scenery as the sky grew dark. When you entered in the building, you were immediately welcomed by the boys and staff.

'Y/n is here!?!?!?' Lucas powerfully announced.

Jungwoo smacked his arm and harshly glared at him.

'He means that he didn't expected you to come!' Haechan said as he jumped up in front of you.

'It's fine.' You uttered quietly. 'I'm just here to give y'all this.' You said as you shoved the blue bag to Haechan.

'WHaT? You're LEAVING already?!' Mark asked.

Haechan swiftly returned the bag to you and smiled. Shaking his head until someone spoke up.

'Y/n, how about you stay with us for a bit? We'll let you have some leftover cake to take with you.' Jisung said as he winked at you.

You awkwardly stared at the boys and staff. The peer pressure was heavy to the point where people would normally cry, but you just agreed to the term of cake. They let you in and the crowd just guided you to the stairs since elevators won't work with the large group of people. Y'all climbed the stairs until you reached a specific floor. The boys shoved you out to the hallway and led you to a spacious room. The room was decorated like a normal holiday event. A tree in the middle, carefully decorated with colorful lights and ornaments that resemble fury, growth, and purity. There were also small presents hiding beneath the thin leaves. Two tables settled with flavorful desserts and inviting full-course meals. In the middle of the table was a bundle of flowers, the vase had some dangling strands of red, green, and white. Those colors dominated everything, it made you furious, but at the same time, it eased your jealousy. You scratched your nape and wandered your eyes on the decor.

'Ahh... I think I needed this.' You said with a weak smile.

'SeE! I tolD ya!' Mark yelped with excitement. 'But.....!'

'Happy Christmas!!!' They all yelled.

'Yes... Happy Christmas...?' You said in a confusing way. 'And here, I did not know why I bought this, but it'll help y'all. I hope this won't go to a waste and use this wisely.' You uttered as you, again, handed the blue bag to them.

'A Coffee Maker?' Chenle questioned as he pulled the thing out to the ground.

'Yep...? I think you can also make tea with it...? I can't remember tho... But I'm only here for the cake...' You squeaked, pretending that you didn't lied.

Some of them laughed, scoffed, or nodded. But the boys slowly crowded the table while the other staffs went to the other table. They welcomed you and nevertheless of your opinion, you leisurely enjoyed the event. Somewhat joyful at there small present.