NatsuxReader ~ Christmas Confession

Natsu's POV
Today, I'm gonna confess. I thought as I pulled by scarf more tightly around my neck.

It was Christmas and I finally got enough bravery and confidence to confess my undying love to n/n.

Taking a deep breath, I took the gift I prepared for n/n and tucked it in my bag.

I had asked Happy to ask Carla out on a date and he succeeded, so I could have some alone time with nobody saying "You looovee her" beside me.

I finally found my sweetheart at a corner in the guild, fiddling with her bracelet.

"Hey n/n. Merry Christmas. How are you?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh! Natsu-San! Merry Christmas! I'm doing fine by the way. What about you? Do you have any plans?" She replied and scooted in a little for me to sit next to her.

"Well... I don't have any plans [liar]. So... Do you wanna go out with me? We can play I. The snow then get some hot chocolate. I heard that there's a festival later in Anthaen City, takes an hour to walk there, and there're many stores and shops on the way. We might get some tasty food or special items!" I said excitedly.

" Pfft- Hahahahahaha!" She suddenly burst out laughing and I was stunned.

"What? Why are you laughing?! What did I say?"

"Ahahahaha- Y-you! Pfft- *cough cough* Sorry. Ahem. You still think of food everytime. That's so Natsu-San's style. And sure! I'd love to." She smiled at me and I felt cupid's arrow shoot right through my heart.

Cute. I thought.

"M'kay. Meet me at Route 5 in 30 minutes then?" I stood up to get my backpack from home.

"Haii!! I will!" She got up from her seat as well and headed home.

Wonder where her exceeds are tho.

Timeskip 20 min

I got to Route 5 ten minutes earlier than planned and thought through all the possibilities that might happen after confessing.

5 minutes later, n/n appeared and I was nearly brought to blood loss due to an invisible nose bleed.

She was just. Too. Cute!!

"Natsu-San?" Her voice brought me back to reality and I commented on her outfit.

"You look great n/n." I smiled at her.

"Oh! T-thank you..." She blushed a little and pulled my hand.

"L-lets go!"

On the way, we got some food, some magical items and even played some games. I won a small stuffed 🧸 for her and she loved it a lot.

So, we arrived at Anthaen City 2 and a half hours later due to stopping so much along the way.

Interesting stage shows and performances, contests and such. We did most of them and it was finally night, and the two of us walked down an empty street, soft snow falling around us.

"Natsu-San, should we head back? Or do we stay here for a night?" She asked.

"Uhh... Well... We can think about it later. For now, i-... I wanna tell you something." I took a deep breath and turned towards her, holding both her soft hands suddenly.

"E-eh? Natsu-San, i-it's rare to see you so serious. What's the matter?" She looked deep into my onyx eyes and I sucked in a huge breath of cold air.

"Listen I... I like you y/n. Or maybe love. I have for a long time already even before you went missing those years ago. When you came back, I was overjoyed and really relieved. A-and... Will you go out with me please? Like date me. And stuff. I-it's ok if you don't wanna though! I-i-i-" I stuttered at the end but was met with a small cold hand on my cheek.

"Sure. I'll go out with Natsu-San. So... Take care of me. Ok?" She smiled gently and sweetly with a very red face and I couldn't help but pull her into a big hug, kissing her forehead in the process.

"Thank you n/n. This is the best Christmas ever." I whispered as I silently took out the present I prepared for her and clipped it around her neck.

"This is..."

"A gift. As reminder of the day we start going out." My little n/n looked down at the locket and opened it.

Inside, was a picture of the two of us from a few months ago, smiling happily at the camera.

"Thank you Natsu-San." She tried her hardest to reach my face and gave me a small, light peck on the cheek.

"I-i left your present at the guild's tree. I-... This is compensation." She looked away and I held her tightly in my arms.

"Ok sweetie. Merry Christmas." I whispered into her ear.

" M-merry Christmas Natsu-San."