| 005 | hold me now

________________________________
"hold me now,
warm my heart
stay with me"
- thompson twins
________________________________

AT THE DONNELLY'S, lisa was trying to get the house ready for the party, but wyatt begged her to not have it in his house. "wyatt you're going to have a heart attack by the time you're forty if you don't learn to relax." you looked up the stairs to see wyatt and lisa coming down. you we're helping with tidying up and hiding all the extremely expensive objects in wyatt's house. you wore a cute satin dress with short heels that were comfortable enough to walk and dance in. "have you tried inversion boots?" lisa asked the boy.

"lisa, you don't understand my parents."

"ehat's there to understand? they're oppressive, meddlesome, difficult, demanding, and totally bizarre. i mean, they're normal parents. now stop worrying and get dressed." you followed them both around as they continued to talk.

"lisa, i created you. why do you insist on doing things i don't want?"

"honey buns, you want to party so badly, you could bottle it. i mean, you and Gary, you want friends, you want popularity, you want all that stuff, right?"

"well, i thought about it, sure, but-"

"so, i'm giving it to you." you now stood in the dining room and lisa dimmed the lights.

"thank you, really, thank you. but i don't want it in my house."

"if you want to be a party animal, you have to learn to live in the jungle. now stop worrying and go and get dressed. i'm gonna go and pick up gary. i can't wait to meet his parents." you watched as lisa walked away. wyatt let out a sigh.

"hey, wy, don't stress. lisa's got it all under control, alright?" you reassured the boy while sending him a smile.

"thanks. i'm just worried something bad is gonna happen or something embarrassing."

"i'll make sure none of that happens. i got you, wyatt." you looked at each other for a while before you broke the silence. "you better get dressed. i'm going to make sure the food and drinks are ready."

"okay."

after about ten minutes, you had finished getting everything ready. you sat at the bar and fiddled with my fingers. "oh there you are," wyatt let out a sigh. you looked up at him to see him dressed nicely.

"looking good, yet again, donnelly," you teased while getting off the stool you sat in. he walked up to you and shrugged with a smile.

"not as good as you, though."

"quite the charmer, i see." you both laughed.

"is there anything else we need to do?"

"uh, nope. i finished everything," you smiled.

"is there anything we can do while we wait for gary and lisa?"

"what are you suggesting?" you asked in a flirtatious tone while walking closer to wyatt.

"i mean, we could pl-play chess, we cou-could watch tv," wyatt stammered as you stepped closer and played with the collar of his shirt. your faces were only a few cenitmeters away. "or we could, um-"

"wyatt."

"yeah?"

"just stop," you laughed as you leaned in.

"yeah, okay." our lips collided and moved in sync. your hands went to the back of his neck while his rested on your hips. you started playing with his hair and you could feel him smile through the kiss. before it could get heated, you were interrupted by the front door opening. you quickly stepped away from each other and fixed your outfits and hair. gary and lisa walked in and took a seat at the bar.