Chapter 41. The Summer Ball ☾

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone...❤
Sorry for late update :)

                 •¤▪☆~~~~~~~~~~☆▪¤•

Harry looked at himself in the mirror. He could not tell whether he was grateful for the use of Draco's hair products or not. His hair finally laid down, but he felt so fake, so made up. He knew he should get used to this. In the last timeline, he had learned that his family was an ancient and noble house. He would one day be Lord Potter, and then he would have to get used to all the balls and parties involved. He had a mask to create-one that Draco was helping him make.

"You look lovely, dear." The talking Harry in the mirror told him. Harry shivered. That was just too creepy.

"Coming?" Draco asked. Harry turned to see the blond in his doorway. The boy had on dark green dress robes, the Malfoy crest over his right breast.

"Don't you look all noble?" Harry teased. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Yes, and perhaps one day you will as well. Maybe I should help you find your house crest." Draco suggested. Sirius rolled onto his back, groaning.

"I hate house crests." He moaned. Harry snickered.

"Why? You are from the most Ancient and Noble house of Black. That is something to be proud of." Draco informed him.

"Being born into a certain family is nothing to be proud of. It's not some great achievement. It's the luck of the draw." Sirius explained. Draco thought on this. He never considered this before.

"Last timeline, Sirius spent the summer burning all the Black family crests off of the tapestries and dress robes. He broke everything else with the crest and threw it away. You should have seen Kreacher saving everything he could find." Harry reminisced.

"Ugh, Kreacher. Is he still alive?" Sirius pondered. Harry nodded.

"Yep, and he led to your death. Although, he did redeem himself." Harry thought for a moment. "By the way, you need to have a better relationship with him this time. He has something very important that we need."

"What could he possibly have that is so important?" Sirius wondered. Harry shook his head and shrugged.

"You'll have to talk to him." Harry told his godfather. Sirius sneered. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Come along, Scion Potter." Draco teased. "It is time for your first appearance in our great world." Harry sighed.

"Fine." Harry ground out. He turned to his godfather. "Now, stay put Padfoot, and be a good boy."

The two boys walked down to the ballroom. For once, Narcissa was there. She was beautifully dressed in a dark green, A-line ball gown with a strapless, heart-shaped bodice covered in diamonds. Her hair was tied in a knot at the back of her head and her ears dripped in diamonds and emeralds.

"Harry Potter. You look lovely, my dear." Narcissa crooned. Harry blushed. His dark blue dress robes did look nice, but he hardly thought they deserved the praise Narcissa put forth. It was weird. She did, after all, want him dead, just like Lucius did.

"Thank you, Lady Malfoy. You look beautiful." Harry complimented. Narcissa smiled. She led them down to the ball and began introducing her son and his best friend to the rest of the party. Harry noted that most of the guests were Death Eaters, and he felt kind of like the main dish at a buffet. He also noted some ministry officials there. At least he knew this would keep the Death Eaters from taking him straight to Voldemort.

Harry was surprised to find Zabini amongst the guests.

"What's he doing here?" Harry asked Draco. Draco shrugged.