Chapter 2

For a long week they had to stay away from the down. Brother Tomo insisted. The waves that had stirred up Torin would have to calm down again first. This is why our hero sat with bowed head and sad look on one of the fallen tree trunks and carved on a stick. Lost in thought, into the lovely sounds of his adored voice. He did not notice how a gang of small children sneaked up on him from behind-and skillfully stole his hat from his head.

"Hey, ... you lousy kids. What are you doing here so far in the woods? ...Lost your way?" Torin had stood up, and now he acted like a wicked rascal to frighten them a bit: "God have mercy, if the fierce Torin Hood catches you! He will hang each and every one of you by your ears on the trees, like laundry to dry! ... So? Are you not afraid?" For a moment the little gang had moved together and dodged, but then a little boy stepped forward, held his wooden sword bravely against the stunned man and said courageously:

"I ... am Skippy, the leader of the MFS group and whoever speaks badly of the great hero Torin Hood will have to deal with us!" The little redheaded boy turned to his friends and hoped for their support, but the three of them looked anything but motivated. Nevertheless, he stood firm and tried to hold the toy gun a little higher. "Ha! My friends call me Hero and I will also be a superhero like Torin! And that's why ... I'm not afraid of you", Skippy said a little louder and his hand started to shake a little. He tried to ignore the queasy feeling in his stomach. The blond man laughed heartily, lifted his hat from the floor and placed it on the head of the wannabe hero.

"I find that very complimentary. Our country needs heroes like you." Then he knelt before the boy and admired his sword. "Do you know Torin Hood? Do you know what he looks like?" he asked curiously.

"Yes sure, there are wanted posters of him everywhere, of course I know what he looks like." And then he described what he had seen: "Black shaggy hair, huge eyes and a big nose. He has the same hat as you but ... grey and there is no feather in it. But the best feature is his mouth, because it looks like a woman's mouth, with a moustache and stubble all over his face." The boy had to behave himself to laugh. While listing them, he grew bigger and more confident, while Torin painfully distorted his face.

"For God's sake, you want to imitate someone like that? Uhh ... brave," he agreed to the little one and something popped into his head. "Well, ... I will tell you where you can find him if you do me a favor. Skippy nodded eagerly, his eyes glowing enthusiastically and he began to grin. He was allowed to meet his idol, how cool was that!

"Listen, kid. Here is a letter for Maid Mori chan. Just hand it in personally, make sure that it is opened and the princess should not know about it under any circumstances." The envelope wandered into the child's hand and the boy looked at it suspiciously.

"Are you sure? For Mori chan?" he asked cautiously and when the man in front of him smiled and nodded happily, Skippy didn't dare to ask any further. "Well, ... I'll do it and tomorrow at the same time I'll be back here and you'll introduce me to Torin Hood, promise?

"Promise!" the blond gave back immediately and they clapped their hands.

Brother Tomo watched the scene with a smile. The wanted postcards of the folk hero had not been hanging at the gates of the fortress for long and there was indeed a miserable portrait of Torin on them. No one would have recognized him.

When the small troop with the brave hero left, the companion approached the blond man and patted him on the shoulder.

"Another try, Torin?" he smiled well knowing.