Chapter 1

Peaceful spring
Izuku Midoriya's POV
I dusted off my apron and grabbed a few coins off the table.

"I'm heading out to the market mother. I'll be home soon." I replied. She hummed an okay and continued wreath making.

I stepped through the front door and pulled on my boots. I hummed as I walked down the front path. I looked at the clockand itwent off. The villagers started to awaken.

"Bonjour!" They wavedto each other. I grabbed the book from my apron and held it close. I walked past the gorgeous and kind baker.

"Bonjour Maddam Ochaco! How's the bread business this morning?"

"Rather slow. Where are you off to on this fine morning?" She asked, holding a tray of sweets.

"Iida would like his book back today. I already finished it which is fine." I exclaimed, smiling at her.

"Who needs books when you can have everything here?" She laughed, huffing as she walked to her bakery. I giggled softly and walked slowly.

"He is rather odd, don't you think?" I looked around at the villagers. I pulled my hood over my head. Some of my curly green locks poked out.

"Wouldn't it be a pleasure to marry such a fine gentleman?" I turned and heard Todoroki. I looked at him and pulled my head down.

"Good morning Shoto. What are you up to this fine morning?" I asked, slightly annoyed, holding my book.

"Just watching the sun light up the village." He stated leaning over me. I moved back a bit.

"Well that must be rather fun for a man of your tastes." I stated averting my eyes. I stuck under him and waved.

"Well I have to return this book! I'll see you later!" I told him quickly. He waved off and grunted. I giggled and walked to the small library Iida had.

"Bonjour Iida! Hope this book isn't overdue!I read it once or twice!" I stated smiling. He slid down his ladder and smiled at me.

He replied, "You're right on time." He smiled. "What new adventures have you been on?"

"This lovely village lady falls in love with a handsome prince. They get married in the end. The author's details are extraordinary." I stated. He smiled and took the book.

As he smiled, he said, "I don't have any new adventures from your last ones, but you may take any of your favorites.".

"You know I would love to read "That day in Spain" That was a lovely book. Take me to a completely different world. An excitingrealmof imagination." I answered smiling. He smiled and nodded.

"I request that I have the book back in 6 days time. Ifit is late I will not be happy." He stated. I nodded and put the book in my apron.

"Thank you Iida." I stated leaving.My eyes were fixed on everyone as I skipped through the calm village. I walked to the small well and looked at Momo who was folding laundry with a small child. I sat beside her.

While helping Eri fold a dress, Momo said, "Good morning, Izuku. How may I and Eri be of assistance to you?".

"I was just wondering if I could read to young Eri a book I enjoy!" I stated smiling.

"Eri I think would love that. I'm not into books." She stated. I nodded and grabbed the book from my apron. I flipped to the first page.

"Mr. Izuku? What's this story about?" She asked as I showed her the book.

"It's about a happy couple that live in this place called Spain. It's somewhere around the world and-"

"What are you doing?Teaching a child to read?! She will become odd just like you!" A villager yelled. I stood up and looked around. There was an annoyed elder villager. Gran Torino.

"Sir, are you aware that children are under educated and don't even know what's out there?!There are dangerous things in the world that young children let alone young women are at high dangers. At least being able to read will get her through life!" I stated stuffing the book in my apron pocket. Eri looked at me.

"Maybe another time, mister." She repliedpleasantly looking at me. I nodded and ruffled her hair. She smiled gently. I smiled at her and shoved past the elder as I walked home.

Todoroki stood on the front porch. I opened the gate and looked at him.

"Got caught teaching a child how to read, huh?" he asked. I looked at him.

"Why does it matter to you?"

"You shouldn'tworry about the town orphan. Maybe worry about your own children." He stated looking at me. I crossed my arms and looked at him.

"I can't even put up with you. You can't think I want children." I muttered, glaring at him. He looked at me speechless.

My strict greetings were "Good day Shoto Todoroki." I stepped inside and slammed the door. I watched through the window as he stomped through the carrots and cabbage. I grunted and heard soft humming.

I walked downstairs into the basement and spotted mother humming as she put the finishing touches on a gorgeous flower wreath.

"Good morning Izu." She said smiling as she put it in a wooden box.

"Good morning mother. When were you heading out today?"

"In a little bit. Just need to load up the cart and be on my way. What would you like? I was gonna stop at the flower shop there and-"

"A rose...a black rose." I answered. She looked at me and smiled.

"For your collection of rainbow roses, right?" she asked. I smiled and nodded. She giggled and smiled holding the box in her hand.

"Izu can you pick up those 2 boxes and carry them to the cart please?" She asked. I smiled and nodded. I picked up the boxes and smiled. She led me up the stairs and out of the house to the cart. I loaded the boxes onto the cart. I looked at mom as she grabbed the donkey from the stables.

"Will you be okay?"

"Yes darling, I'll be home in 1 day." She stated cheerfully. I smiled as she rolled her sleeves down. She grabbed the donkey's reins andsmiled at me as she left. She waved goodbye. I smiled slightly and leaned on the house wall.

"Hope you get home okay."

~Written December 25th, 2020~Edited July 10th, 2023~