-thirty degrees (jschlatt)

this one is kinda shitty but I speedran this shit in an hour I'm so sorry this is really short! I'm planning on doing another jschlatt x country!reader because I love the concept so mf much anyways MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

(they/them)

---

"Oh my god!" Jschlatt heard you gasp in the other room. Your sudden noise woke him up from his deep sleep.

He rubbed his eyes, and looked around, just now realizing that you had left the bed. Schlatt pulled the blanket off his body and shuffled out of bed, his feet hitting the cold wooden floors. He grumbled quietly and shoved his feet in his slippers and then moved into the main room of his apartment. There you stood in delight, in your green sweatpants and a tank top, at the open window.

"Whatcha lookin' at babe?" Jschlatt mumbled, his voice low and groggy as he rubbed his eyes. You jump, whipping your face over to him with the biggest smile on your face.

"It's snowing! Like, actual snow!" You say excitedly. Jschlatt couldn't help but grin, his heart pounding hard against his chest. You were born and raised in Texas, and you came to visit Schlatt for the holidays, which happened to be the first time that you went anywhere where it snowed. He actually met you through a twitch stream, and things have been going great with the two of you being a thing for about half a year.

"Yeah, that happens here when it's cold," He chuckles, going over to the fridge in the kitchen that connected with the main room.

"Literally, it was close to 80 degrees last year in Texas, sweetheart," you say in your light country accent, "This is the white Christmas time that you sing as a child!" Jschlatt hums, nodding as he let you go on and on about snow. God, you were absolutely adorable when you got all excited over things like these. But him just waking up made him absolutely sluggish and you could tell.

"You want to come on the patio with me?" You offered. Schlatt stood there just for a bit and then smiled before closing the fridge.

"Why the hell not?" He shrugged, before finding a hoodie that he left on the counter the night before and throwing it at you. "Wear this, your country ass would freeze." You laughed, scrunching up your nose.

"Oh, shut the hell up. I know you would literally melt in 80-degree weather," You joked back, putting on his hoodie and opening the patio door that was next to the window and stepped outside.

The cold hit your face, and you shivered a bit, shoving your hands in the hoodie pocket. You saw your breath every time you exhaled. Seeing the snowfall seemed so unreal. Schlatt came up behind you and closed the door behind him. He leaned over and wrapped his arms around your waist, placing his chin on your shoulder. You both just stood there in comfortable silence, just soaking in the moment.

"Schlatt?" You say, and you just saying his name made his heart flutter.

"Hm?"

"How the fuck are you standing out here in basketball shorts?"

"I'm used to this weather, sweetheart." Schlatt laughed, moving his head and placing a gentle kiss on your neck. You jumped and started squirming in his grip at the kiss.

"Hey hey hey! Don't kiss me now idiot, your lips are so fucking cold!" You cursed, moving around in his arms, causing him to laugh harder and his grip to tighten.

"Is that so?" He said mischievously, starting to place multiple kisses on your neck and the side of your neck, causing you to giggle.

"Jonathan! I'm cold as is! Cut it out!" You cried out, laughing.

"Ooh, the first name? Oh Y/n, you boofed up. I'm definitely awake now..."

"Oh my god, you moron!"

---

hope you guys had a happy holidays!! my other fic idea was an actual like present fic but I did this in such a crunch time that I couldn't but I'll try to get in it by New Years. If not, then a New Years fic would probably in stores!! also I got calico critters for Christmas <3 ANYWAYS HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!