Chapter 1

Three Christmas ago, we separated. All these years I've been wishing for us to meet again. Of course, it was both our decision but I was hurt. My heart felt like it would explode. But my emotions weren't something I could show you, I knew you'd feel bad.

And now I'm feeling all alone, despite being with my sister, Alluka. I do not have contact with the rest of my family except for her. Illumi finally abandoned the idea of getting me to come back when he realized he had no one to threaten me with. I have no idea what they are doing right now, nor do I care. Probably killing people, the usual.

I am a hunter. Not a known one though. After that Chimera Ant thing, I seriously thought about selling my license but I did think about it before doing so. He used his license to find his dad, how about I use mine to find him? One time, on TV, they were talking about him and how he was the youngest hunter being that successful. I didn't hear from him ever again after.

It took him twelve, no, fourteen years to find his dad. So how much will it take me? I cannot wait eleven years, it's too much. I could ask Nanika, but what if he doesn't want to see me? It's the last thing I'd want. To cause him annoyance. I always felt like a burden to him. Especially at that moment. I know he was blinded by rage but it shattered my heart. Because yes, I loved him. Loved him so much I would have died for him.

Gon. That was his name. A name that could make my heart fly.