Chapter 50: Love Me (Archer)

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

The forest was peaceful during the winter. No birds or animals making a ton of noise. It was quite still. Saigon let out a sigh as he slept curled up on my chest. I examined the red stripe of fur running down his back. The poor man was exhausted. I should have planned to go somewhere closer, so this city pup wouldn't be so worn out.

He squirmed a bit before settling in. I gave him half a smile. Saigon was different, but that was what I liked. I couldn't imagine many dominants of his rank being so clingy and not afraid to show their softer side. My rank isn't even close to his, and I would be terrified to ever let anyone seeing me act weak. Maybe his carefree attitude came with being a beta. I doubted Jagger would say anything to him, and no one else would be stupid enough to make comments about their next beta.

I ran my fingers through his fur and closed my eyes. Every dominant pairing had a weaker member. I was submitting to a beta. Everyone submitted to a beta. They were the one person who was stronger enough to keep the alpha in check.

"What are you thinking about?" muttered Saigon.

"The pack's reaction to us."

His ear flicked to the side. "They can mind their own business." He snaked his arms around my waist and buried his face in my fur. "Strong pups, need strong parents, that's the only thing they should care about. We're doing our job to make the pack stronger, so anyone that disagrees better keep their mouths shut."

I smiled to myself. "Well, when you put it like that, I think they will."

He sat up slightly. "Are you having second thoughts?"

"No." I lifted his chin up and bumped my nose against his. "I don't plan on going back until we're mates."

His tail was making the blankets move. Rising onto his knees, he moved in for a kiss. "I love you."

"Well, that's good because come tomorrow, you're going to be stuck with me."

Saigon's hands landed on my hips as he peered into my eyes.

"I love you, too," I whispered. My fur melted away as I changed forms.

Panicking, he pulled the blankets around my exposed shoulders. "You're going to freeze."

"Warm me up." I scooted down the wall and laid on the furs piled beneath us.

Saigon shifted to human form and pulled the hide over our heads. His lips met mine as he rubbed our bodies together to create warmth.

"I can taste it." I ran my fingers over my lips. "It's already so strong."

"You said I could," he breathed, looking unsure."

I gave him a peck. "I've never done this before, so go slow."