Chapter 7

It was halfway through the week and that day, was the day in which they would raise the power to six. She'd been counting the powers and the days. She sat on the floor, a piece of paper pressed against the wall and a pencil in her hands. They had given her some entertainment seeing no damage in what a paper could do. She sat there trying to recall the details i the mans faces. She'd decided that she would try to draw all the members of levithian that she had contact with in order to show Ellie and Jamie later. She sat there, next to a corner distracted, wanting them to forget she was here. She heard shuffling outside her room and immediately folded the paper hiding it underneath the mattress of the bed. Soon enough the same two guards entered her cell and carried her towards the room. She tried to break free, but it was useless. Stop fighting she thought, they are trained and strong and I'm just weak, a burden Ellie and Jamie have to carry with.

And history repeats itself she thought bitterly. Pain shot up her arms traveling all the way right to her feet. She felt weak. Tears flooded her eyes, making them red and puffy while blurring her vision. She couldn't do it. She could no longer pretend she was fine, like what they were doing didn't hurt. She tried very hard to keep an indecipherable face, the way she had seen Jamie do it, they couldn't know how she was feeling. She couldn't take it anymore. She was choking back sobs and trying very hard not to scream. It was bad enough already that she was crying. She missed having anyone by her side, to help her through the worst moments and comfort her, help her grow stronger. She was alone and that isolation hurt more than any physical pain was able to cause her.

                                                                                     ----***----

Back in the palace, Ellie was sitting in her bed, her head in her hands. They weren't closer than when they had started, almost another week had gone by with no progress. In the middle of her sulking, it hit her. It hit her like a bolt of lightning on a stormy day. She ran towards Jamie's room and burst the door open with so much strength, that it almost left a hole in the wall. "Ellie, what on earth---" "I figured it out," she screeched, cutting him off. He bolted upright and was immediately at her side. "Saskia," she started, "Saskia knows where their base is." Suddenly, they both felt stupid and dreadful for not realizing it earlier. They allowed Lottie's suffering to go on for so long when it hadn't been necessary. They had been looking at a complex answer instead of searching for the obvious. Two weeks Ellie thought, two weeks before we realized Saskia was the key. They immediately went back to rosewood, feeling guilt and despair. They knew Saskia was staying, along with Anastacia back at Rosewood. "I'm not ready to face your parents" Saskia had confessed to Ani who had totally understood. They stood in front of the gates while Ellie thought, "We're here, and we are not leaving without answers." They rushed towards the conch gym, where they had agreed to meet.

Saskia was more than happy to help because, no matter what she did, she always thought she had to prove herself to everyone. Show them that they could trust her, that she was no longer a threat. What she didn't seem to realize, was that they already knew. They were grateful for her help, but she shouldn't be helping them because she felt guilty. She knew what the building looked like, but she had a hard time remembering the exact location to where the building was situated. She gave them an approximate coordinate and hoped that would do.

The next day, they flew back to the palace. They had to rescue Lottie as soon as possible, and for that they needed to be ready.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading! I edited the past chapters to correct the mistakes, add more detail and make them longer. Just in case you want to go back and read them :)