Please Stay

The pain was unimaginable, it was sharp and furious making it very debilitating; it was familiar to Marisa as she had learned to master through pain well throughout her life. She spasmed as Pan’s teeth sunk and pinned her daemon down, caught in a vicious fight in which her daemon only could struggle in pain; he wouldn’t fight back for some reason. The golden monkey weakly attempted only to escape Pantalaimon's grasp. 

Through that unbearable pain, Marisa could only turn her head through tears to gaze upon the very face of her child.

Lyra.

She was so close, she was within arms reach right in front of her after such a long time full of searching for her missing child. 

Her daughter caught her eye, as she glanced longingly and painfully towards her. Marisa fought internally for control, little by little a movement was made through the excruciating pain. Because at that moment gazing upon her child, Marisa knew Lyra was worth it.

Worth the pain, worth any and all pain. It became more bearable as she stood up slowly and shakily, as Lyra’s eyes widened with realization and horror.

Marisa took a step never taking her eyes off her daughter.

“ Lyra! ”  Will called out in pain urging Lyra. 

Lyra was shaking herself as her expression was of one of determination and hyperventilation as she felt every assault and bite Pan made towards the golden monkey. Pan bit hard into the golden monkey causing the monkey to cry out loudly, however, Lyra was scared and horrified to realize it had no effect on Marisa’s progress in coming slowly towards her through that pain. 

Marisa was determined as never before, she vowed she wouldn’t fail. Never again.

There was a sudden crash in the background, as Will suddenly very quickly sprinted towards Lyra. Will grabbed the alethiometer off the ground quickly before turning to Lyra, he then shook Lyra hard seeing her in great shock frozen.

“Lyra we need to go!” He shouted quickly and desperately hoping it would get through to Lyra, Lyra started to shake from fear as all she saw was her looming mother right in front of her as Will quickly stepped behind her to open a window fast. 

“Lyra quick!” Will pleaded to Lyra as he noticed she stood still catatonic, Lyra then went to escape. 

Lyra jerked as she felt herself held back hard, she could only flinch when her mother then tightly gripped her arm in a death grip with her hand. Causing Lyra to gasp out in pain and fear of her mother’s touch even more so her mother’s retaliation to her attack. 

“Will!” 

Lyra cried out only to see Will notice Lyra was stuck, Will came over to help Lyra quickly trying to free her. Lyra could only stare back at her mother’s eyes in shock as she failed to move, Lyra began to pull desperately and hard to escape her mother’s death grip on her arm. Will attempted to help free Lyra, pulling as Lyra struggled within her mother’s grip as the woman stared them down with more determination in the world. 

At that moment Mr. Latrom leaped over the back of the sofa to reach and chase after them, he desperately desired the knife as Marisa desired Lyra. 

Seeing Will in danger Lyra urged Pan to release the golden monkey and try to stop Mr. Latrom as Lyra made a quick sacrifice to save Will. To save another person from a possible similar fate to Roger. 

“Run Will!”

“Not without you!” Will looked at Lyra incredulously with worry, not wanting to leave Lyra behind. He said they would stick together and he had meant it.  

“Protect the knife, go!”

Will seeing Mr. Latrom breaking free from evading Pan, glanced towards the man before looking back to Lyra. 

“I’ll come back for you!” He shouted out upset, Mr. Latrom headed towards Will at an alarming pace barely getting him before Will just in time closed the window behind him. 

Leaving Lyra behind with her mother.