Chapter 22: A Time What?

Third person POV

"So... let me get this straight... a mass murdering nut case is hunting you down?" Y/n asked after Harry recanted to them the conversation that he had with Mr Weasley.

"Sirius Black is after you? Oh Harry, you'll have to be really, really careful, don't go looking for trouble." Hermione followed up.

"I don't look for trouble, trouble usually looks for me, and most times, it finds me."

"How thick would Harry have to be to look for a nutter who wants to murder him?" Ron said shakily.

They had taken the news worse than Harry had predicted, Hermione and Ron seems more frightened of Black than he was, Y/n just seemed neutral, probably because after facing a Basilisk, surviving and actually killing it hardened his spirit.

"But they will catch him, right? I mean, they've even got the muggles on the lookout for him." Hermione said.

"What's that noise ?" Asked Ron suddenly. A faint, sort of tinny sounding whistle was coming from somewhere.

"Harry, it's coming from your trunk." Y/n said. Harry reached inside his trunk and pulled out a pocket sneakoscope, it was spinning very quickly, and glowing brilliantly.

"Is that a sneakoscope?" Hermione asked keenly.

"Yeah... mind you, a very cheap one, we could get it checked in Hogsmeade." said Ron, before sitting back down.

"Do you know much about Hogsmeade? I've read that it's the only entirely non muggle settlement in Britain." Hermione asked.

"Yeah it is, but that's not why I want to go." Ron said, looking to Y/n.

"Honeydukes?" he said.

"Honeydukes." Ron said, exciting himself and Y/n.

"What's Honeydukes?" Hermione asked.

"It's this sweetsh-" Ron started

"No, it's THE sweetshop, the sweetshop that rules above all others,." Y/n interrupted dramatically, gaining a laugh from Hermione, "they have EVERYTHING."

"Yeah, what he said." Ron said.

"It would be nice to get out of Hogwarts and explore Hogsmeade for a while." Hermione said.

"'Spect it will," said Harry heavily, "you'll have to tell me when you've found out."

"What d'you mean?" Y/n asked, petting Skye.

"I can't go, the Dursleys didn't sign my permission slip, and Fudge wouldn't either." Harry explained.

"You can't go? We can try and ask McGonagall to give you permission."

"Ron! I don't think Harry should be sneaking out of school with Black on the loose." Hermione said strictly.

"But... maybe if we were with Harry, Black wouldn't come near us."

"Ron, do you really think Sirius Black would be scared of a few third years." Y/n said, "I mean, I know you're a tank and all that, but maybe you should step down for this one." Y/n remarked sarcastically before Professor Lupin stirred in his sleep. they watched him apprehensively before he simply turned over and slept on.

The Hogwarts Express moved steadily north and the scenery became wilder and darker as the clouds overhead thickened. small talk continued between the group and occasionally Y/n and Hermione would admire their new pets together. the rain thickened and it became much darker. the train rattled, the rain hammered, the wind roared, but still, Lupin slept.