CHAPTER 11: FAMILIAR

Zalariah P.O.V.

"Yannah? Are you serious Ezekiel? I don't even know who I am anymore. And what I did know you just told me was a lie. I've been lied to my whole life. I've never heard of or seen or read anything to do with this yannah. My parents arent actually my parents. My brother can't speak the name of someone who I've been running from for 5 years. I am apparently a spirit of a sort of goddess. Which means I'm also from the very same bloodline of a fucking goddess. This, this is all too much. So you are my mate, and i have these powers and if we finish the mating process, then you will share my powers with me? And together we will save the world of the werewolf kind? If this is the case then how the hell do I control my powers? And how will you? I've been dealing with this for the past 3 years, and you seen first hand what it can do to me. We may be in this together, and these may be my powers, powers that apparently save us all, but they are not a blessing. How can I make you endure what I have been enduring for the past 3 years just for us to save us all, at a time and place we all have no idea about. If I had known this before I would never have asked you to mark me. I CANT make you go through this as well. I CANT and i won't".

And with that as the end of my speech, I leave. I don't look back I just keep walking. I CANT put him through it. I won't. It's agony every time.

I don't know where I'm walking to, I just want some fresh air. Some peace. I need to think without the distraction of my mate or the people in his pack wandering who I am.

I CANT believe this. I just wanted to be left alone. That's what I wished for every year of my running. I get it. I CANT run anymore. But how can a broken girl that has only ever known running, be the girl to stand up and save our kind?

I've been walking for a little while now, so i stop at the end of the street and see a girl walking the path towards me. I'll ask her if there is a nice peaceful place to get my thoughts together.

"Excuse me?"

The girl stops and just stares at me. No words, no smile, no acknowledgment.

Great. Ok. This isn't awkward at all.

"Could you please tell me of a place that I can go to sit and just find some peace and quiet? I'm new here and still don't know my way around".

"Go straight ahead, the way you were already walking. Take a left and walk til you see a field. Just beyond that field is a lake. That's where our alpha goes. I've seen him there a couple times. I farm the fields around the lake with my father. I dont know what's going on or what you have been through or why your even here. But I must tell you now. It's not safe. Not for new comers, or those that have been here forever. Our alpha isn't who he says he is, I know this because of the times I've over heard his conversations after my alpha calls me to bed with him. I'm telling you this because I can feel your power. And I'm sorry if I have scared you. But there is something bigger at play in this pack, and if I'm going to protect my father I will do what ever I need to do. I shouldn't be warning you, but I feel I can trust you. And also, you have the same power radiating off you as my great grandmother. She passed away 18 years ago as of 2 months ago. My name is Kelly. It was a pleasure Miss Raven."

Ok. What the fuck was that? I'm stunned. I stand stock still for what seems like forever but when I come to my senses she is gone.

She beds with my mate? She knows who I am? This can't be good. I trusted him. I let him mark me. Honestly I dont know who to trust now. A girl I just met, or the man I know next to nothing about.

I head in the direction kelly gave me, still lost in my thoughts. What am I going to do?

I see the lake up ahead, she wasn't lying. It is on the other side of the field. I can see the allure it brings to the alpha. Ezekiel. It's beautiful from what I can see.