Chapter 1

It was a warm summer day. The leaves were green in the trees, it was possible to hear the birds singing and the animals running around, hiding from both teenagers that were racing in their horses.

- Getting tired already Caspian? – the youngest asked, laughing, while tried to avoid the trees and branches.

- It is not fair. You did something to my horse. – The oldest complained, just a few meters behind her.

- I cannot believe that you are telling lies about me. – Serena yelled back, laughing. – I do not need to do such a thing to be able to win you on a race.

- And you need to stop celebrating before the race is finished. – she was able to hear his voice, but now it was coming not from the trees in front of her. When she saw the young Prince, he was standing by his horse side, waiting for her so they could walk into the small Telmarine city and then the castle's patio together.

- What? But... How? – Serena asked.

- I have my tricks. – Caspian answered, holding her horse steady so she could get down.

- In another words, you cheated. – she said, holding the reins of her own horse.

- Now, are you telling lies about me? What a bad attitude for a lady. – he said, laughing. The teenagers walked side by side through the small streets of the village, the young prince greeted his people as the subjects did the same to him. As they went through the gates and walls of the castle, the reality started to come to the young woman once again.

- Thank you for the hours of freedom. – Serena said to him, smiling. Caspian took the horses reins and one of the servants took them away from his hands, taking both animals to the sheds. – I should go back. If your uncle finds out that I sneaked away one more time...

- My uncle cannot do anything against you! If he tries, tell him to come and talk with me. – The prince said while they both walked together under the protection of the walkways around the patio. They stopped in a spot where no one could see them together, close to one of the pillars.

- I appreciate the kind words, but we both know that that is not how things work. – Serena said interlacing their fingers together.

- When I am king, you... - he said, touching her cheek. – Are going to be my queen.

The girl could not hold her thoughts any longer and, after taking a quick look around them and noticing that no one was paying attention to them, she embraced the boy's shoulders with her arms and kissed him. He involved her waist with his arms, holding her close. As fast as the kiss started it finished.

- I really should go. – She said and he nodded.

- Will I see you later? – He asked and she nodded.

As I made my way to the kitchen of the castle, I tried to fix my hair and make sure that my clothes were in proper place. I took a deep breath before opening the big door that allowed me to enter the gigantic kitchen. As I walked around the other servants, I looked for my aunt, the main cooker of the royal kitchen. She was starting to prepare the lunch for Lord Miraz and his family. I walked to her and hugged her. After that I walked to where we kept the plates, cutlery and glass cups, preparing myself to serve the royal family.

-Your father did not do the sacrifices that he did just so that you could serve food here, in the castle. – she said.

- Not this again aunt. I am sorry, but we both know that I do not have another choice. – I said, preparing myself to leave the kitchen to the main dinner area.