𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒆.

ooo. *ೃ✧₊˚ 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐄.
━━━ 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜.
✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩:  𝑠𝑦𝑛𝑜𝑝𝑠𝑖𝑠!

     ooo

     ooo. Columbia Naples is only good at one thing: ballet. Her life consists of strenuous daily dance practices, French exams, and swooning over the Beatles. So, fair to say that Columbia has no time to make friends, kiss cute boys, or learn some obscure hobby— like playing chess. Not like she has a good enough attention span to learn the sport anyway since she received her diagnosis with something called hyperkinetic impulse disorder, which is a fancy way of saying she's fucking crazy. At least, that's what her mother, Florence Naples, the Fairfield High School English teacher, likes to think. Edward Naples, Columbia's father, instead, ignores her diagnosis altogether. Mental illness isn't a thing in the Naples household. Columbia discovered that the hard way— and Columbia's elder sister, Estelle, did too. Alas, no one was surprised when Estelle escaped Lexington, Kentucky, the second she turned 18: the reasons she left were numerous.

    Exhibit a). She's bisexual: and according to Daddy and Mommy dearest, homosexuality is a sin and, she's going to burn in hell for all of eternity. Columbia disagrees, but it's not like her parents care much for her opinion.

    b). Lexington, Kentucky, is for losers.

    And c). New York City fits her like a glove— or so she says.

    ooo. With companionship as the last thing on Columbia's mind: befriending the fresh meat of Fairfield High School, sophomore Beth Harmon, does not seem too appealing. Hell, Columbia was required to be the tour guide for new students, thanks to Florence, so even conversing with the newbie disguises itself as a chore. Sure, Beth is kind. Quiet, composed, polite, but she also seems boring. Two monotonous people will not make too great of a friendship. However, Florence is also demanding Columbia to befriend the Harmon girl, literally. Apparently, Columbia has become too much of a nuisance for her parents, so they think new companions will make her more bearable to be around. So, yay for fabricated friendships!