Prologue

Izuku stared at the screen, a smile gracing his lips. He was watching a race, but this one just wasn't because he wanted to race. This one was because his grandfather was racing.

His grandfather, Yagi Toshinori, was the best racer in the country. He'd held the title of "Number One Racer" and won the World Cup forty years in a row. Which is the best anyone could ever do. Izuku wanted to be a racer like his grandfather and father before him.

Izuku bounced up and down on the couch, his mother warning him to be careful behind him. He held the plush his grandfather had gotten him for his fifth birthday close to his chest as his eyes stayed trained on his grandfather on his proud bike, One For All, as he drove around the track.

"Come on, Grandpa!" Izuku said, smiling with stars in his eyes. He could see him at home, ready for his grandson to wrap his arms around him as he congratulated him on his win. But the universe had other plans.

Izuku watched as Toshi's bike veered off the course. He didn't understand the magnitude of what he was watching before his mom came running over and turned off the TV. She scooped her son up and held him, and he just clung to her, unsure of what to do. It wasn't until he was much older that he realized she'd been crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So a note about this AU: I got the idea playing fucking Mario Kart. If it's shitty, fuck off. Most of my shit is. But still, no hate comments, I get petty~

Thanks for reading! *Chibi Inko and Young Izuku bowing*