[ 01 ]

The  students stared at her as she passed by, making her sigh.. There must've been another rumor that spread around the school about her. She hated the attention.. She didn't know why they would even scatter false information about her. She didn't have any friends, and everyone hated her. She had nothing in school except for being at the top story of the school website. None of them were accurate, but did she care?.

No., .she didn't. All she wanted to do was get through high school. She couldn't grasp why people would even start drama. It made no sense to her. Everyone would forget about it once they get out, and there would be no value to it anymore. She thought it was a big waste of time. However, she was envious of the friendships that people had.

She wanted a close bond with someone, but all these rumors about her made everyone linger elsewhere. No one wanted to be around her, and they didn't even want to talk to her. The teachers neglected the rumors about her. 'They're teachers, so shouldn't they care about student affairs?'

She rolled her eyes as students parted for her. There were benefits to it. She got to class earlier, and she could rest without being bothered by anyone. Her teachers never bothered her either since she always got high marks. She sighed, tapping her fingers on her table as she waited for her teacher patiently.

Her teacher finally arrived and started the class. She soon grew bored and tuned her out. She turned her head towards the window and stared at the bird that flew from the tree. The door flew open, and a male student walked in. He apologized to the teacher before running towards his desk. She glanced at him as the chair made a screeching chair.

He gave her an apologetic smile, noticing her stare. She yawned and laid her head on her desk. She stared at the notebook, letting her mind wander. She found herself dozing off to the sound of her teacher's monotonous voice. She closed her eyes, and her breathing started to slow down.

She flinched, waking up in a jolt. A book slammed down on her desk. She lifted her head slowly and saw her teacher glaring at her. She sighed and yawned.

"Ms. Park, since you want to sleep in my class, would you mind answering the question on the board?" She asked, giving her a fake smile.

She sighed and glanced at the board that had a multiple choice question on it. Her eyes trailed at the words before turning back to the teacher. She licked her lips, trying to solve the problem in her head. She sighed and raised an eyebrow as she noticed a boy attempting to gain her attention. He mouthed the answer to her making her sigh. She ignored him and stared straight into her teacher's eyes.

"Simple, the answer is C," She said with a false smile plastered on her face as well.

Her teacher's smile faltered. "Yes, that is correct."

Her teacher stared at her with a displeased glare. She turned her heel and walked back to the front of the room. 'I hate new teachers.' She thought, glaring at her teacher's back. She scanned the room and raised her eyebrow at the students who stared at her. They immediately turned forwards. She rolled her eyes and scoff.

"Cowards," She whispered, leaning her head on her head.

She turned her head to the side as the feeling of being stared at came over her. She found herself staring at the same boy. 'What?' She mouthed, raising her eyebrows. The boy smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. She ignored him and tried to pay attention to the lesson. She stared at him from her peripheral vision and hummed. 'Is he new here?'

He pressed his lips into a thin line before turning to the front as well. He sighed, staring at the board with a bored expression. The teacher scanned the students before calling on him. He stared at her and raised his eyebrows. He stood up and stared at the board with a confused expression.

He mentally cursed as he realized he couldn't understand it. He glanced down, feeling something hit his show. He saw a notebook with a letter written on it. He lifted his head and hesitantly answered. The teacher nodded, feeling pleased with his answer. He sat back down and sighed. The bell rang, signaling the end of class.

Students rushed out of the classroom, trying to head to the canteen. He picked up the notebook on the floor and examined it. He scanned the classroom to find the owner. He tilted his head as he stared at the girl from earlier.

"Is this hers?" He asked himself. He opened the first page and read the name.

"Park Seyeon?" He asked, closing it is. A hand was placed on his shoulder, making him turn. He stared at a boy who seemed to be a foreigner with a babyface.

"I would leave that notebook there if I were you," He said to him.

"Why? Shouldn't I give it to her?" He asked, confused.

"You haven't heard of Park Seyeon?" The student asked with wide eyes.

"No, this is the first time," He said, glancing at the book.

"Lee Jeno, right? You're captain of the basketball team, right?" He asked, making Jeno nod. "I'm Osaki Shotaro."

"Nice to meet you, so who is Park Seyeon?" Jeno asked, wanting answers.

"She's very infamous in school, and you seriously haven't heard of her? She's known for bringing bad luck," Shotaro said, in a soft tone.

"Bad luck?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Shotaro nodded and leaned closer.

"There are a lot of articles about her on the school website. There was an article that said a student got hurt because they had her pencil," Shotaro said, leaning back. "You should be wary of her and probably put the notebook back."

Shotaro patted his shoulder before leaving him alone. Jeno stared at the notebook. He lifted his head at the door and watched students pass by the classroom. He placed the notebook into his bag, ignoring the student's warning.

"Those are just rumors who listen to rumors anyway. She is probably not even that bad," Jeno said, swinging his backpack over his shoulder. He walked out the door, trying to spot the girl.

A student stood up from behind his desk and gasped. He couldn't believe someone wasn't afraid of Park Seyeon.

"Could they be?" He asked himself. He smirked and wrote it down on his notepad. He immediately walked out of the classroom, following Jeno.