1. Big Comeback

I

I

„Finally"

He opened eyes interrupting meditation as he sensed the approaching god's ki. In las few months it has been rare for him to be honored by presence of Kami. Many times he had seen him stand pensively at the edge of the marble floor watching his charges on Earth. But he never dared interrupt him. And the closer 23 Tenkaichi Budokai was, the more often the god stayed in isolation.

After the death of his grandfather, he lived he lived away from civilization in harmony with nature and his only companions were wild animals. He never left his home Paozu Mountains and his grandfather was the only human he had ever seen. Then Bulma appeared in his life. She was looking for the mysterious Dragon Balls and he decided to go with her. Everything has changed since then. Their extraordinary adventures made him grow stronger and better. He met many masters, made many friends and faced many dangers. Finally Piccolo Daimao stood in the way of Son Goku. Pure evil that has regin terror on Earth again. Without hesitating, boy took up a fight with him and, miraculously avoiding death, he saved the world. His friends were not so lucky.

However, Goku did not give up. To bring them back to life, he risk again and went where no human had gone before. He reached the thresholds of Heaven and in return for fulfilling his request, he agreed to train under the watchful eye of god himself. Thus, Shen Long returned, fallen friends back to life and he began three years of murderous preparations for the 23 Tenkaichi Budokai on which the reborn Piccolo Daimao was to appear. Goku was determined but also very excited. However, when  Kami made him realize that in order to save the world he would have to kill Piccolo, he did not like this information.

During these three years of hard training in the heavens, he was brutally made aware that killing was evil. In order to regain the balance of his conscience and the purity of heart, which he did not want to lose at all costs, he decided to never take anyone's life again. But god expected Goku to break this resolution and kill Piccolo. And with this, his too. Goku had guessed this for a long time, but it was Mister Popo who confirmed his suspicions. For this Goku could not allow. That's why he wanted to do everything possible to not to have to kill Piccolo Daimao.

It was then, that he decided to enter the Room of Spirit and Time, even though both Kami and Mr. Popo had warned him that he was not ready yet. He ignored it and with his firm resolve he took the risk. Risks which, if not for the interference of Mister Popo, would have cost him his life. He stayed in the Room for only a month, and the torments of body and soul that he experienced there left their mark on him. His body was exhausted and his spirit was broken. Still, he didn't want to give up. As soon as he regained strength, he returned to intense training and put into it twice as much effort as before.

- Son Goku ... - to his ears came the sound of a wooden cane knocking on the marble floor - Are you ready?

- Yes - Goku got up and turned towards the god, clenching his fists. Kami stopped beside him, raised his hand and conjured Goku a new outfit - Turban and cloak? - Asked the boy stroking his head and examining his body - And where is my gi? Kamesennin may not remember it.