1.02: You're back

And then there he was, just casually sitting at his desk. He was talking to this blond girl, but suddenly he stopped. "You're back" he said, obviously not believing his eyes...

***

ZIVA'S POV:

I woke up and checked the time. 10:37am. "Laazazel" I shouted in frustration. Then I noticed Tali wasn't lying next to me. My anxiety level rapidly rose up. I ran downstairs. "Tali? Gibbs?" I shouted. Nothing. No response at all. I walked to the kitchen and found a post-it note on the fridge.

Note: "Tali woke up early and I didn't want to wake you, so I took her for a walk around the neighborhood. Coffee's in a pot." -Gibbs

I exhaled a sigh of relief. "She's okay." I thought to myself. I ran back upstairs to change and to take a shower. I was ready in ten minutes.

I walked downstairs and saw Gibbs in the kitchen with Tali. Then I smelled something, but didn't recognize what.

"Mornin' Gibbs." I said as I poured myself a cup of coffee. "Ima!" Tali shouted. I smiled at her and kissed on the forehead. I turned back to Gibbs realizing he was...MAKING WAFFLES?!

Gibbs was making waffles. I was shocked and so confused by what I was seeing.

By this time, Gibbs must've noticed that I was staring at him. "What?" he said with a chuckle. "You've never seen anyone making breakfast before?" he said and started to laugh.

I slowly sipped my coffee and looked at the waffles one more time. "I'm certain I've never seen you making waffles." I stated.

Gibbs smiled at that. "Tali, do you want some chocolate chips on your waffles?" he asked casually.

time jump

When we finished our brunch I went upstairs to take a few things. I learned that Gibbs took half of the day off, so he had to go to Navy Yard now.

I decided to go with him to see the team, but most importantly to see Tony.

"Tali you're ready?" I asked. "Almost." she replied. She needed just a minute and was ready. We went to Gibbs' truck and went to Navy Yard.

time jump

We arrived at Navy Yard. I was nervous when we left Gibbs' house, but now I was at least twice as nervous as I was before.

Gibbs noticed my change in mood. "Hey, it'll be just fine. He changed, but he's still the same." he gave me a reassuring smile. "Thank you" I mouthed.

We walked out of the elevator, I took a deep breath and then there he was, just casually sitting at his desk. He was talking to this blond girl and suddenly he stopped. "You're back" he said, obviously not believing his eyes.

I didn't trust my voice, so I just nodded. He glared at me. "And who's that with you?" he asked. I looked at Tali. "That's..." I started to say and, as I expected, my voice cracked.

He looked at me expecting an explanation. I looked at Gibbs, searching for some help. He understood. "Ziva, do you know the team?" Gibbs changed the topic. "Uh, no, I don't know everyone."

Suddenly McGee arrived at the bullpen. "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" he shouted in frustration. Then he noticed me. "Ziva, you're back!" he exclaimed. He was shocked, happy. He walked to me and squeezed me in a really tight hug. I hugged him back. Then I felt a tear running down my face.

"I missed you" I whispered to his ear. "I missed you, too." he whispered back. We let go of each other.

"So," Gibbs started to introduce new team members.

time jump

Since I'm not working till next week, I decided to visit Abby in her lab. Abby actually knew about Tali.

flashback - two weeks after Tony left Izrael.

I just found out that I'm pregnant. I needed to talk to someone, so I called Abby. Ring...ring...ring. “Zivaaa!” Abby shouted in excitement. I felt a  tear rolled down my cheek. “Hey, Abby.” I tried to cover the worry in my voice. “How are you doing? Everything alright there?” she asked me. “Yeah, I'm good. How are you? Anything interesting going on back home?” I said. “Oh, well..remember when I told you about ‘The Hot British Guy’?” she said, clearly very excited. “Yeah, as a matter of fact I do. Uh, what was his name? Cole? Colin?” She interrupted me. “His name's Clayton.” she corrected me. “Oh, yeah, Clayton. What's with him?” I asked. “You're not gonna believe this, but we're kinda...dating!” It was obvious from the way she sounded, that the guy makes her even happier. “That's great news! Wait, what about rule #12?” I asked. “Technically, we're not on the same team. He's an agent and I'm a forensic scientist.” she answered.

“I got some news, too.” I confessed after a few moments of silence. “But you have to swear on everything you hold dear, that you won't tell anyone about this. Promise?” I said. “Promise. What's this about, Ziva? You're freaking me out.” she sounded really worried. I took a deep breath. “I'm pregnant.” I said. “Oh my God! That's a good thing, isn't it?” she asked. “I don't know.” I answered honestly. “So it's Tony's.” she stated. It wasn't a question. She knows me too well. “Yeah.” I said. “I always knew there was something between you two! But you didn't tell him, did you?” She was right, again. “No, I didn't. I've no right to turn his world around.” I said. She took a deep breath as if she wanted to say something, but then she must've changed her mind. “I'm sorry, but I gotta go, we caught a case. Talk to you soon, Ziva.” she said. “That's okay. Bye, Abby. Good luck with the case.” I almost hung up when she started to say something. “Luck? You think that, that's what's happening here?” she said jokingly. “Bye, Abby.” I said with a chuckle as I hung up.
end of the flashback

A/N: I had some time and motivation to write, so I'm posting this chapter earlier than I thought I would.
- I looked up some Hebrew swore words, but I don't speak Hebrew.
- Tali is 7 years old in this AU.

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 1052