Will

"And– and yes. Listen, Death Boy, I like you– Yes... um... like that. I think I have for a long time. You don't have to respond to it. I mean, you– you can, if you want to. But I know that you're probably straight. And I know that you don't like me back, and that's totally–" 

Nico closed the gap between us. My breath got stuck in my throat as my heart reverberated in my rib cage. He and I were less than one foot apart from each other now, his face mere inches from mine. My breath quivered when he blinked. I had never noticed how long his eyelashes were. 

Before I could start rationalizing the situation into something like "I have something on my shirt and he just wants to show me", Nico grabbed the back of my neck, closed his eyes, and kissed me on the lips, gently, like his lips wanted to tell me a secret that he couldn't bring himself to say. Ecstacy exploded inside of me. It took all of my concentration not to jump up and down, giggling. When Nico pulled away, he was smiling, with teeth and everything.

"I like you too," he whispered, staring deep into my eyes. I beamed as if my life depended on it. He swallowed and looked around. "We're late for archery, and you're the counselor. We're going to be late. We have to–"

"Don't worry, Death Boy. I'll give you a doctor's note," I winked. "This is a medical emergency."

I pinned him against the wall of his cabin and gave out to the desire coursing through me for the past months, allowing myself to meet his lips with mine. Electricity traveled through us with each touch and each breath. Longing flooded through me and I kissed him harder, closing any space that still existed between us. I tenderly pressed my lips against his neck and a small moan escaped his lips. I smirked. I had forgotten about the outside world, enveloped in his arms.

I stopped for air, pressing our foreheads together. 

"We really have to get going," Nico panted.

"But–" 

He laced his fingers through mine and pecked my cheek. I blushed and mumbled intelligibly. 

"Okay, fine. We can go," I said. I squeezed his hand. "I really like you, Neeks."

Nico blushed, "Me too."

We walked to target practice together, hand-in-hand, and that was the start of a new era. The era of Death Boy and his Significant Annoyance.