Chapter 3: The Departure

It has been one week since I got my acceptance letter from Oxford. Today I leave for Oxford, I am so excited but terribly nervous. But at least I won't be traveling by myself because Dimitri and Anthony are going to visit their posh friends. Clearly Mama and Papa have no idea but its whatever. 

I get up from my bed and open the windows to let the ocean air into my room. I step outside on my balcony to get so fresh air. 

"I really hope this won't take a huge turn." I mumble to myself

"Seraphina κατέβει στις σκάλες, το πρωινό είναι έτοιμο για να πάρετε την πρωτεΐνη σας!" Mama yelled (Seraphina come down stairs breakfast is ready you need to get your protein!)

"Okay mama, I will be down in a second." I reply 

I walk back inside to go downstairs, to eat breakfast.

"Good morning my sweet angel." Mama says kissing my head.

"Good morning Phina" Papa says while reading the newspaper. 

"Good morning Mama and Papa" I said tiredly 

"Today is the big day! Don't forget that Tony and D are coming, and also that you need to check to make sure you have everything packed." Mama said while preparing my backpack for the travel.

"Mama I know you have told me multiple times." I responded kind of annoyed 

Its not my mom's fault that she is nervous. I mean I am not gonna lie I am really nervous too. But to be honest I can't wait to go to Oxford. 

After eating my breakfast, I run upstairs to start getting ready to leave. D stayed at Tony's house last night so they can come get me today. 

Once I am up the clay stairs and I am in my room I start to search for my outfit I am gonna wear for the day. After a good fifteen minutes of searching for something I finally found the perfect outfit. It's a black turtle neck with milk chocolate colored pants, along with a grey plaid coat. I put my hair up using braids into a bun and circling the bun to hold it in place is a black ribbon. 

Today was the day to show a good impression. I have asked D and Tony many questions about how college is and how much I need to prepare. This is the first time in a long time I have actually left home and go to a different country. 

I go downstairs with my suitcases, once I reach the bottom of the stairs I see all my family and friends with signs. I was at the verge of crying. My mother runs up to me and embraces me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her crying. After a good 3 minutes I have to say my farewells to everyone. I go up to Chris to my surprise he jumps into my arms and wraps his legs around my waist. 

He whispers in my ear saying "I know we never really get along but know that I will miss you a lot sissy."

 I hug him tighter and say " I will miss you more buba." 

Next was Ana gosh I do not want to say by to my best friend but I know that she will have an amazing time in Harvard. 

I squeeze her so tight and I say " I will miss you so much Ana I have no idea what I will do without  you." 

"Don't worry about me sweets. I will be fine. I want you to have an amazing time. Just give it you best and I will be waiting for you. We can face time every night. And tell me all the tea. Also let me know if you find any British boys." 

She lets go and winks. I just laugh. I say bye to everyone else and I was off with D and Tony to London