part three

part three

"correct?"

"yes."

"well, then." atsumu whispered. "we should do it again. ya know, to make it even more correct. double the correctness. correct the incorrections-"

"what you're saying doesn't make sense."

"you know what i mean."

"fine." kita stepped closer to atsumu, turning his face upwards. "let's kiss under the metaphorical mistletoe."

atsumu's lips hovered above kita's and pressed them together. the kiss was short, and even though it tasted like the alcohol he had been drinking all night, it was sweet.

atsumu breathed out shakily.

"how was that?"

the corner of kita's mouth twitched.

"much better," he admitted. "especially considering that you weren't trying to put your hand up my shirt this time."

atsumu cringed and kita laughed gently.

"i'm sorry about that-"

"it's okay."

"so, kita-san," atsumu dragged out the syllables. "will ya be my boyfriend now?"

"we can discuss this when you're not drunk."

"i'm not even that drunk!" atsumu repeated, the slight slurring in his words betraying him.

"you confessed to me," kita pointed out. "and i know you well enough to know you would never do that while sober."

atsumu scoffed, but didn't deny it.

"so," kita continued. "will you go to sleep now that i've kissed you?"

"maybe."

"atsumu-"

"alright, alright, i'll go." atsumu started up the stairs towards the spare bedroom in kita's house when he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

"sweet dreams, atsumu."

atsumu swivelled around to place a kiss on kita's forehead.

"you're the sweetest dream i could ask for."