// chapter one //

(Disclaimer: This will barely follow the story line. This is my own rendition, but there are some general things that will be the same. The beginning events will be explained but this part starts shortly after they've allied with the Dwellers and Brightwood.)

        "Princess? Princess wake up." I heard the soft voice of Elliot whisper. "You have to wake up. They need you out there." I looked up at him, sighing. 

"I wish I had chosen the ring leaders... Why did Logan the awful twat force that upon me." I said, holding tears back. 

"I know love I know. But this isn't good for you. We will meet again one day. I promise." He whispered soothingly, pressing a soft kiss to my head before he faded away into nothingness. 

"ELLIOT!" I screamed, not wanting to let go yet. When my hands reached out and found nothing there, I crumpled to the floor, wishing I could've held on just a bit longer.

        When I awoke, Walter was standing above me very concerned. "I heard you scream." He mumbled, his rough hand stroking my hair lightly. Without speaking a word to anyone, I got up and slipping my corset on. Then followed my hot pants and thigh boots. 

"I dreamt of him again. I'm going insane Walter I... I can't do this Hero thing. Maybe I'm not like my mother..." I had whispered just as my brother Garth and his girlfriend Elise stepped into the room. 

"Rose..." Elise whispered before releasing Garth's hand and sitting beside me. "All will be well, I'm sure if Elliot is talking to you he's still alive. Don't beat yourself up over this dumpling." She whispered, caressing her old friend's cheek. I only shook my head and stood up, slipping on my mothers old coat. 

"You're a spitting image of her, Rose. She'd be proud to know you as her daughter." Walter whispered. I only walked out of the room.

        "Rosie! Rosie! Rosie!" A girl named Eve squealed. I giggled and picked her up, tapping her nose. 

"Yes cutie?" I laughed. She only wiggled around before running off. 

"Strange kid, that one." Garth said from behind. I looked at him and giggled softly. 

"Reminds me of what we were like." I sighed softly, remembering our days as children. Then the choice Logan forced me to make came to mind.

        "You are not a child anymore so it's time I stop treating you like one. Choose. The protesters or this boy." Logan said, his voice void of emotion. I hadn't heard him like this since our parents had died. 

"No! I can't choose. Why are you doing this?!" I yelled at him. 

"Brother this isn't right! Stop!" Garth yelled, the guards restraining him and Elise. 

"If you won't choose, then I will. They all will die. Now, choose girl!" Logan yelled. I glared at him as Elliot cupped my cheek. 

"Choose me, you have to choose me. We can't let them all die." He whispered. I could feel him trembling. I looked down and shut my eyes tight. 

"The protesters shall live and.... E-... Ell-... Elliot will die..." were the words that came out of my mouth but my brain screamed to let him live. Elliot tilted my head up. 

"Don't give up now my sweet. Don't forget about me, alright? I... I love you." He whispered before he was dragged away. I stormed up to Logan and slapped him as hard as I could, not caring if he had me killed along with Elliot. 

"I will  never forgive you for this!" I yelled. 

"Good, then you will never forget." He whispered to me, regret in his eyes.

        That night my best friend died, I was taken from my family home with my brother, and I had never felt so alone when surrounded by so many people.