1.2

“Okay, We don't play this card too often, but

“Okay, We don't play this card too often, but... MOM!!!” Mom walked out of the elevator. 

“Leo! Kira! There you are! Oh! What is this place? Who are they?” Mom said as she turned to Davenport. “Uh-- they, uh, are... a boy band I've been working with, um, and the twist is, one of 'em's a girl.” Davenport said but none of us were buying it.

“All right, they're part of a secret project I've been developing-- genetically engineered superhuman siblings. Tasha, Leo, meet Adam, Bree and Chase-- the greatest combination of biology and technology ever developed. I don't want to brag, but I am incredibly smart.” He said with excitement. 

Chase is the cute boys name. He sounds smart. Mom looked at Leo and I. “Don't look at us.” Leo started. “We told you to stay away from Internet dating.” Leo nodded in agreement mom looked back at Adam, Bree, and Chase. “So there robots.” She said.

“Whoa!”
“Hey!”
“Oh, no she didn’t!”

“No, Tasha, they're human, I've just given each of them a unique set of bionic abilities controlled by a microchip implant in their necks. It sounds a lot more complicated than it is. See, Adam is all brute strength, and Bree has speed and agility, and Chase has super-senses and a superior intelligence.” Davenport said to my mom. 

“Donald-- Hi-- There are children-- living in our basement!” Mom said as she pulled him over to talk to him. “This is a scientific habitat. I mean, look at it-- It's got a game room and a rock wall-- Anything a kid could ask for. I've created this place so they can train in the utmost of comfort and technology.” He told her.

Then Adam spoke up. “It's true. The toilets have seat-warmers that talk.” Leo looked at him. “What do they say?” Adam smiled. “It varies, depending on..” I stopped him right there. “No.” I said to him and he pouted then walked back to his siblings. 

“Donald, I don't know what to make of all this. Some new wives get surprised with a honeymoon in Hawaii or... a cruise. Bionic teenagers were not on our wedding registry.” She told him.

“Honey, they have to stay down here for their own safety. This is all very top-secret. But as soon as their training is complete, they'll be able to handle any crisis or problem that the world throws at them.” After that I zoned out and until I heard the word time machine.

“No, they are not time machines. Time machines are actually in the shop. These are my biologically regulated atmospheric chambers where my bionic creations live and sleep and eat. Which reminds me, it's dinnertime.” Davenport told my brother.

“These are my patented protein pellets. Whatever they don't catch is tomorrow's breakfast.” Leo and I nodded.

” Leo and I nodded