Chapter 14

Kisame entered inside the medical bay first, his eyes scanning the area quickly before they landed on Koraru, who was stood in front of the whiteboard, various books scattered on the table in front of her, a mortar and pestle to her left, and something bubbling in what appeared to be an overly long and complicated set up of glass tubes and vials. Her pink eyes were affixed tightly to the book which was currently set atop the others, her fingers holding the bulging tome open as she read to herself, her lips mouthing the words. He glanced to the whiteboard, molecular formula...he thought. Koraru had changed back into her own clothing, having already healed her wound from Sasori, before she set herself up to get some research done. Kisame cleared his throat, announcing their presence to the woman who kept her head down as she spoke.

"No need for that Kisame-kun, I knew you were there."

He smirked as she straightened up, placing a bookmark into the old textbook, and closing it over gently before turning to face him.

"Well you never looked up, so I just assumed."

Koraru's lips twisted up to match his own expression.

"You did tell me to be on my guard did you not? Trust me, I'm paying attention."

Her eyes moved past Kisame and settled on Itachi, prompting her to snap her fingers before pointing to him, Itachi's calm eyes locking her own as she gave him a small smile.

"Ah, Itachi-kun, just the man I wanted to see. I was wondering if you had time for your physical this evening? I know I've given you a once over, but Pein-sama wanted me to check you over again anyway."

Itachi nodded to her and her smile widened before turned around, her finger raising to rest against her coral lips as her eyes scanned the various shelves and cabinets quickly.

"Oh and one more thing, Itachi-kun."

She reached forwards to one of the cabinets, a locked one, her fuschia finger nail extending out as she pushed it into the lock. She turned her finger and there was a click. The woman pulling her nail free to reveal it was now shaped as a key to fit the lock before her, she broke it free, the fuschia fading to lilac, with a light dusting of pale pink. The scales on her hand shimmered, stretching down towards the nail and sinking into it, regrowing it quickly, Itachi watching on curiously as her body healed itself without even having to be commanded to. Koraru opened the cabinet door, stepping back and revealing the contents inside to the men standing before her. Vials lined the shelves, corked off at the top, the liquid within a dark but glittering navy blue.

"I've refined your elixir for you. One dose, every three days. Feel free to retrieve them from this locked cabinet when you require them."

She threw the key towards Itachi, who caught it with ease, inspecting it carefully.

"It's made from my scales, so I wouldn't worry about it getting broken."

The Uchiha nodded to her, setting the key into his pocket quickly.

"Thank you."

She smiled once more and cocked her head.

"Of course, that's why I'm here is it not? To care care of you."

Itachi's cheeks darkened slightly, his eyes pulling away from her own, his neck slinking back into his cloak to conceal his reddening features. She chuckled softly at his shyness before diverting her attention back to Kisame. He smirked to Itachi in obvious amusement, greatly enjoying the young man appearing so vulnerable just because a pretty girl was nice to him. Koraru chuckled, drawing Kisame's attention.

"You're enjoying that too much, Kisame-kun."

He only crossed his arms in response, his smirk widening.