Chapter 1:The stray

Author's Note:This is my first story ever on Wattpad so don't be surprised if this story comes off as weird.The Mystery Skulls animated universe and its characters (Except the cat) is created by Mystery Ben and his team.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Vivi was tapping her foot impatiently, waiting for her shift to end so that she could check up on Arthur.Ever since their encounter with the mansion ghost a few days ago, Arthur refused to leave his house.

Vivi then took it upon herself to make  sure that he was okay and to offer any support if needed.She looked at the clock, only fifteen minutes left before she could leave.

"Vivi, you look anxious" Vivi turned around to see her co-worker Chloe,wearing a confused expression on her face.
"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just waiting for my shift to end so that I can check on my friend"
Vivi gave a her a small comforting smile."Why don't you try and text them?" "Because he's not answering his phone and just basically isolated himself from everything."

"Oh, well I wish the best for him then."Vivi then noticed a bowl full of cat food in chloe's hands.
"What's with the cat food?"Vivi asked slightly confused.

"Oh this?"Chloe said in a nonchalant tone."This is for the stray cat in the alley way behind the store."

Vivi, now even more confused asked."Since when has there ever been a stray cat?"

"Since a few days ago, I found her when it was my turn to take out the trash, sniffing for food in the alleyway."Chloe explained, now having sparkles in her eyes."I felt soo bad for the creature that when my shift ended, I went to the store and bought a big bag of cat food and went back to feed it.This became a routine since then and the cat has been coming back each time, without fail."

"And the cat is here right now?"Vivi asked,now intrigued."Yep, you want to see her?"To this, vivi nodded her head.

Chloe proceeded to open the back door of the shop that faced the alleyway.Vivi followed close behind chloe, looking both ways for the feline."Here kitty,kitty,kitty!"Chloe shook the bowl left to right,making a rattling sound to draw attention to her.

At first nothing happened,but then Vivi caught something moving from behind a stack of boxes.The cat stared to approach chloe from the shadows, but stopped when it saw Vivi."Its Okay, this is Vivi and she is not going to harm you."Chloe started to set the bowl on the floor slowly and gave the cat a soft and reassuring look.

Vivi, along with Chloe,crouched down as the cat hesitated but slowly started to make its way towards them.It came out of the shadows, giving Vivi a better look at it.The cat had soft fur in the color of lavender.Stripes decorated its legs and tail in a more darker shade of purple along with its belly.It had a black nose,black paws and had black heart-shaped freckles.A set of side bangs hung on its face.The cat looked at Vivi wearily with its lavender colored eyes before standing in front of the bowl of food.

The cat looked at Vivi wearily with its lavender colored eyes before standing in front of the bowl of food

"There's a good girl"Chloe sighed out as she pet the cat while it ate.The cat purred slightly,not worrying about Vivi's presence.

"Does she have a name?"Vivi asked as she leaned in to scratch the cat's head.The feline tensed a bit when she felt Vivi touch her, but soon relaxed when Vivi started to pet her affectionately."I've come up with a whole list of names for her but the one I think of choosing is Murasaki."

"Murasaki huh?"Vivi stared at the cat's fur."Makes sense"Chloe gave Vivi a small smile before looking back down at the small feline.She had already finished the whole bowl and was now looking at her with love in her eyes."What do you think, do you like the name Murasaki?"The cat answered back with a soft meow, her tail swaying slightly.

"Then its settled."Chloe said as she stood up,stretching her legs as she did so."Why don't you take her back home with you?"Vivi asked as she stood up as well.

"Because my place doesn't allow animals inside the building.I've been looking for other places that allow them ,but the one I found is more expensive."Chloe chewed her thumbnail as Murasaki started to brush up against her legs,purring."That's why im saving up so that I can take take this beauty to live with me."

Chloe proceeded to pick Murasaki up and hold her like a baby."Aww that's soo sweet,I hope you get the new apartment soon!"Vivi said cheerfully."Say,maybe Mystery and Murasaki can become playdate buddies!"

Chloe's smile grew wide."That would be soo cute."Vivi took out her phone to check the time."Oh crap, my shift just ended!.Im sorry to cut this short but I gotta check on my friend,I'll see you tomorrow Chloe, bye!"

Chloe waved goodbye to her friend as she went inside.She put Murasaki back down on the floor to head back inside herself."Just be patient girl, you will have a new home in no time."Murasaki stared at her companion excitedly and meowed back before heading deeper into the alley way.

Vivi had already gathered her belongings and stood outside as she called a cab.She kept Arthur waiting long enough and wasn't going to let him be alone forever.She recalled the idea of Mystery having a playdate,she would discuss the details with chloe tomorrow.Right now she had something more important to focus on.