Prologue

Mary Anne's POV:

I was walking down the street, trying to get familiar with the surroundings of my new town. As I was turning the corner, someone bumped into me and then fell on me. I grunted when we both fell on the floor, but as we fell, the person turned us around so that they took more of the fall. I opened my eyes and was met with brown eyes. Once I saw we were both still on the ground, I  got up and then decided to be nice and help him up.

"Hi, I'm sorry about that, I didn't see where I was going." the boy responded with.

"It is not a problem. I wasn't watching either."

"Have I met you before?"

"Um, I do not think so because I am new and just moved here." I said.

"Ah, well welcome, my name is Ricky Bowen." Ricky introduced himself.

"Well then Ricky, I am Mary Anne Barber." I introduced myself back.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." he said, causing me to blush.

While I was blushing, I started to giggle and shake his hand. He grabbed my hand to shake it, but never let it go. Once he realized what was happening he dropped my hand, and started to blush. We just kept talking and walking, until we realized that it was late and that we had to get home. He walked me home and then that is when we realized that we live next to each other.

This continued to happen for another month and a half, every single day. He became a routine with us, and during that month and a half, we started to grow feelings for each other. One day, at the end of the second month of us running into each other, he gave me a necklace, and asked me out. Of course I said yes. Everything has been smooth sailing ever since that day. Throughout the summer of us running into each other, he told me about his ex, Nini and everything that happened between them. I met his dad and his best friend, who also became my best friend. I told him about my past, and he met both of my parents. I also made a friend named Ashlyn, whenever I wasn't with Ricky or both Ricky and Big Red, I was with her.

Now it is the end of my best summer, about to start my junior year at a new school with my awesome boyfriend of almost 2 months, my two best friends, who are the best people to be friends with. I mean what could go wrong?