Chapter 2

A PERCY JACKSON/BATMAN ARKHAMVERSE CROSSOVER STORY

Disclaimer: All characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. Any original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. I am in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.

Percy was not a paranoid person in nature but after discovering that the mythological world still exists, he knew anything could happen. He could barely stray his eyes away from Estelle who was resting peacefully once more in her hospital-issued crib, looking adorable as always.

He was itching to call Nico. He wants to know what Hades meant in his note. Sometimes, he wishes he wasn't born as a half-god because immortal families are extremely complicated, especially if you're the son of the Big Three.

But it seems the Fates has favoured him today as a rainbow appears in front of him, revealing a familiar face with shaggy dark hair and pale skin, a grim look plastered across his face.

"Nico!" Percy blurts out happily. Then, he winced and turns to look at the slumbering baby, sighing in relief as she does not move an inch. "Sorry, it's just Estelle."

Nico nods. "Your new baby sister. Mr and Mrs Blofis told me about her."

"You saw them," he gasps, standing up in shock. "Please tell me they reached Elysium."

The son of Hades gives him a hint of a smile. "Yes, Father streamlined their application. Even if they were not your mortal family, they would have been one of the rare few mortals to enter Elysium in the modern era, especially Mrs Blofis."

Percy falls on his chair in relief. He will see them again. "Give your father my thanks, Nico."

"No thanks are necessary, Kelp Head," Nico shrugs. "My father seems to slightly favour you, especially with his gift."

Percy furrows his brow in confusion. "Yeah, he didn't explain that much about the gift. He just said to ask you about it."

"Well, he's giving you the chance to have access to Elysium."

He widens his eyes. "Excuse me, what?!"

"Well, not full-blown access. More like a visit type thing. To say goodbye to all of them. Properly," Nico sighs wistfully and Percy feels the guilt weighing on him once more.

He forgets that he wasn't the only person who lost someone in the Giant War. He lost Annabeth, his Wise Girl, the love of his life. Nico lost another sister. An amazing daughter of Pluto who sacrificed her life once more to stop the giants once more. Thalia lost a brother who she thought was dead. A courageous son of Jupiter, his polar opposite. Jason was an amazing person and he wished he had more time to get to know him properly without the weight of the war on both of their shoulders.

"I'll think about it, Nico," Percy finally replies. It was truly a tempting offer but he really cannot wallow on the past with his sister desperately needing her big brother to stay strong. "Elysium is the resting place for heroes but I don't feel like I have earned my place yet, especially since I'm alive and they're... gone."

Before Nico could say anything, a knock was heard.

"Percy, it's Captain Grant," the muffled voice says through the door.

Nico shakes his head, cutting Percy's response off. "We'll talk later, Kelp Head. See you later."

"Alright, Zombie Dude. See ya," Percy grinned, waving his hand through the mist, disconnecting the call.

The captain knocks again. "Kid, can we come in?"

"Oh yeah, sure."

The door opens to reveal the blonde-haired captain and a familiar man walking into the room. They were also accompanied by a formally dressed woman, a badge hanging around her neck. His dyslexia wasn't any help but he guessed that the woman was social services.

Captain Grant smiles and points at the woman. "Percy, allow me to introduce you to Marie. She will be you and your sister's social worker throughout your stay with Mr Wayne."

"Hello," she smiles at him and he smiles back.

The other man walks towards Percy, his stone-cold facade breaks as he looks deeper into Percy. The dark blue eyes roamed around him as if desperate to commit his face into memory.

"You look like Brae," he whispers, inching towards Percy.

Percy shrugs. "I was mostly told that I look like my father."

"Then, they truly did not see Braelyn properly," the man sighs wistfully.

The captain coughs. "And, this is Bruce Wayne. For precautionary measures, Mr Wayne has suggested performing a blood test to ensure that you are truly related to him."

"It will be done privately with a trusted person, I assure you," Bruce promises.

Percy nods. "Sure, go ahead."

"Since you are still considered a minor, you will be placed under the system until there is confirmation of your relations with Mr Wayne," the social worker smiles apologetically at him. "Unless he is willing to take both of you under his care - "

Bruce cuts in. "I'll take them to Gotham. I do not wish for them to be separated and get lost in the system."

The woman beams at him. "Great! You'll just need to fill in the documentation and we'll be good to go."

"We can do that later," the captain ushers Marie out, giving both Bruce and Percy an apologetic smile. "Let's give them some time to get to know each other."

The duo leaves and Percy was left in awkward silence with his supposed uncle. He inquisitively looks at the broad-shouldered man, tilting his head as he took in Bruce's appearance. It was his familiar eyes that sealed his belief that this man right in front of him was related to him.

"You have Mom's eyes," Percy breaks the silence.

Bruce chuckles and the eerie similarity continues. Even his smile and laughter was similar to Mom. "We are... We were twins. We inherited our eye colour from our mother, well, your grandmother, I suppose."

"You even have her laughter," Percy says quietly, his eyes watering. He really missed her laughter.

Bruce grabs Percy's hands, ignoring the slight flinch coming from him. "I'm sorry for not being there. For not trying hard enough to find her."

"Did you know why she ran away?"

His uncle runs a hand through his hair. "There were many reasons why she would have ran away. The expectations of being a Wayne heir. The burdens of being a Wayne heir. Our arguments about how the justice system would have handled our parents' murderers. It was a plethora of reasons, Percy, but I do not wish to say more until we get home."

"Sure," Percy shrugs but he was now curious about his mother's relationship with his uncle. He'll ask about it on a later date but he knows that his ADHD will force him to forget about this. "Would you like to meet Estelle?"

Bruce gives him a bright grin and he realized that it was the first time he sees the man smiling without a care in the world. He sees a hint of his mother shining through his uncle and the grief hits him. He shakes it off. He needs to be strong for his shining star.

"Estelle Blofis-Jackson," his uncle reads the tag on the crib. "It suits her."

His uncle whispers a few words to Estelle. Words that he could barely hear but he got the gist of it. It was a promise; to both his mother and Paul. A promise to protect and cherish their family. It was a promise he would help keep.

Author's Notes: It's a short filler chapter but it's much better than rushing through the plot. Thank you for the comments from the previous chapter. It was great seeing that some of my previous readers were willing to give this rewrite a shot and that they are enjoying this new version. Once again, thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter!