Diamond of the First Water (3)

Destiny's POV

I look up to see Anthony, the first man I ever loved. When he sees me he stops straight in his tracks. His eyes go wide.

"Destiny..." he says quietly, almost a whisper.

"Bridgerton!" Simon exclaims, walking past me towards Anthony. This snaps Anthony's eyes away from me and towards my brother.
"Come here, old friend! I heard the news of your father, both of your father." He says, his eyes trailing over to me. He looks towards Simon again.

"Deuce takes it, you are no longer Basset. Hastings! The Duke of Hastings, now known for evermore." Anthony says.

"The Duke of Hastings, is it?" Daphne says.

"Right, Hastings, this is my sister." Anthony says.
"Your sister." Simon says. I clear my throat to remind them all I am still present. They all look to me.

"Daphne, Hastings, Destiny, and I know each other from our days at Oxford, days we shall not soon forget." Anthony says looking at Simon, then to me.

"Yes. As I I am well aware of company you keep, brother, I am certain your dad with his grace were most civilized, indeed." Daphne says. I can't help but giggle at that and Daphne gives me a warm smile that I return. 

"Hastings, we shall need to get together properly. I expect to see you at our club, then." Anthony says.
"Indeed. Evening, Bridgerton, Miss Bridgerton." Simon replies.

"Evening to you..." Daphne says looking at me.

"Destiny, Destiny Basset." I fill in for her.

"Lovely meeting you Destiny." She says kindly.

"And you as well." I smile. 

Anthony gives me one last look and ushers Daphne away. Simon and I both watch them walk away and they both glance back. Making me smile and turn my head away. Once they are gone I turned to my brother and say, "Well that was interesting." I state.
He chuckles and looks at me. 

"Indeed it was sister, indeed it was." He replies.

"Well Brother I am going to retire, these shoes are the most horrible to walk in."

I say. Simon nods and I give him a kiss on the cheek and head towards the door. I look back to see Anthony looking at me. I give him a warm smile and he returns it. With that, I walk out the door towards my room. I undressed and lay in my bed think if Anthony, I remember our last day together all those years ago...

Flashback...

I was running around the gardens, trying to get away from him.

"You'll never catch me!" I yell over my shoulder laughing. 

I run faster to get away from him, but when I was not watching him, he pick me up from behind and twirled me around to face him. Both of us were out of breath, laughing.

"I caught you darling." He says, then he gives me a kiss on the cheek then on the other. Next thing I know he is kissing all over my face.

"Anthony!" I laugh.

"What? Can I not show my gorgeous lady, my love?" He asks with a smile.

"Of course you can, just try not to ruin my makeup while doing so." I say smiling.
Then, he picks me up and moves some over his shoulder to carry me.

"Anthony! What are you doing!" I exclaim as he runs from the garden, towards the fields. He lays me down gently under the shade of a large tree. He gives me a long, passionate kiss. I move my hands behind his neck to pull him closer. He breaks the kiss for air. He just smiles at me as he moves a piece of hair behinds my hair.

"What?" I ask.

"How did I get so lucky to have gotten you?" He asks. I laugh at this.

"I think we are both lucky my love." I say and give him another short sweet kiss. He moves so he is against the trunk of the tree. He puts his hands on my hips and pulls me toward him so that I am laying on his chest, in his warm embrace...

I come back to reality and feel my eyes start to get heavy. I reach Over blow out my candle, and lay back down in my bed a smile on my face as I drift to sleep. Hoping, praying he misses me as much as I miss him.

Little did she know, Anthony did.....

Word count: 738