01 | my knowledge

hey bae, I bet you were thinking, "man i wanna write a fanfic about tsukki," but you started it and were STUCK. "fuck, i don't know how to write him like everyone else does." Then you go on a internet search for every possible thing about him to see if you can figure him out. Well, if that really was you, you're in luck. Ya girl is CEO of wondering how to write Tsukishima so we'll go through everything together!

* beware, this is messy as fuck *

[  The Ultimate Guide to Tsukishima Kei  ]

Age : 15-16 (16 by the time they beat Shiratorizawa)

Birthday : September 27, 1995

Height : 188.3 centimeters or 6'2 in feet (Apr) 190.1 centimeters or 6'2. in feet (Nov)

Weight : 68.4 kilograms or 150 pounds (Apr)

He's a High School first year at Karasuno in class 4 with Yamaguchi. (even if we all might know this, i still repeat everything in case some people don't know!) He previously went to Amemaru Middle School/Junior High with Yamaguchi. He's a regular middle blocker for Karasuno.

Family : Akiteru, his older brother. His mother is unnamed but I usually call her Hitomi in my books!

Goal : Nothing in particular (lie -.-)

Likes : Volleyball, Strawberry Shortcake, Dinosaurs

Time Skip Tsukishima

Age : 22 (Nov 2018)

Height : 195.3 centimeters or 6'4 in feet

Weight: 81.5 kilograms or 179 pounds

He's a college senior in MIyagi and is in the Volleyball League Division 2 Player on a team called "Sendai Frogs." (im so proud of him omfg i cry) His jersey number is 17 and he's still a middle blocker!

Okay, I'm gonna just say whatever else now.

(Teen) Tsukishima Kei lives in a two story house with his mother and brother. His father is unknown so I tend to not mention him or just say that his dad is working overseas or something LMAO! All I know about his house is that the kitchen is open beside the living room so they can see into the living room. There's a door over to the side that leads to the entryway of the house where you remove your shoes. Without needing to enter the door, you can walk forward and there will be another door slightly past the stairs that is on the opposite side of the living room door (yes i was literally staring at the room during this scene and tried to see where he was going). In S2 EP13, I think he walked past the stairs which could mean that his room is on the first floor of his room, hence the door in front of him but I could be just delusional LMAOO. The house has those AC units that are drilled to the wall near the roof, so you can assume that house be crisp cold HAH. There's a brown TV stand with a large flat screen TV on it. I saw a really pretty tree in front of his house but I really don't know what kind of tree it was because I didn't look too closely but it was pretty.

In his room, he has a black desk beside the door that had a bunch of books lined up on it with like two boxes on the tiny shelf on the desk and a volleyball on the shelf too. Above the desk are two glass(?) shelves that have dinosaur figures, some kind of brown box thing that looks like dunes(????) and picture frames. BRO I THINK HE HAS A PICTURE FRAME OF HIS BABY FEET ON THE SHELF AND I LITERALLY SCREAMED THINKING ABOUT IT BCDSABBJDS but there's a book(??) about a fish above it LMFAOO. Beside the shelf is his Karasuno jersey hung up next to the door. I assume that his bed is on the opposite of the room and he just sometimes chillaxes on the floor to read or something. He's got those rolling desk chairs or whatever they're called BAHAH!

I NOTICED THAT WHEN KEI WAS YOUNG, HIS BROTHER ALSO HAD DINOSAUR FIGURES IN HIS ROOM SO I THINK HE PICKED UP THE INTEREST FROM HIS BROTHER AND KEPT SOME DINOSAURS ON HIS SHELF TOO! I FOUND IT SO MF CUTE AND I WANTED TO SCREEAAAMMMMMMM!

- PERSONALITY -
half of these are facts while the rest are headcanon

oK SO TSUKKI IS A COMPLICATED CHARACTER TO ME NGL! he's really snarky and got a lot of sly remarks up his sleeve but he's not a complete asshole. He knows his limits and usually only pushes buttons to avoid being 'vulnerable' to anyone else. I feel like he realllllllyyyyy hates lying after what happened with his brother. most fanfics make him really, really rude but i think he's the type that doesn't bother with people unless they bother with him first. like, i don't think he's just randomly start teasing/roasting someone who is completely uninvolved with him (you rarely ever see him 'picking on' ennoshita, asahi, narita, kinoshita, suga, daichi or anyone that doesn't bother him like the rest of the team does)

BRO NGL, I THINK TSUKISHIMA IS REALLY RESPECTFUL WHEN IT COMES TO WOMEN. I SAW A VIDEO WHERE YACHI WAS HAVING A MELTDOWN OVER HER FLAT CHEST AND HE TOLD HER NOT TO WORRY BECAUSE "MEN HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES" AND BASICALLY SAYING THAT SOMEONE WILL LIKE HER NO MATTER WHAT. IT DEADASS TOUCHED MY SOUL AND I WANTED TO CRYYYYYYY. but then yamaguchi said the exact same thing but in a different way and yachi was touched BAHAHA.

even if he is respectful, i think he'd probably be the type to joke around and tease the person he likes to the extent that they can handle. he'd probably be the type to see his significant other eat and be like "eating again? you're so fat haha." but in reality, he's 1000% joking and loves them dearly and seriously means no harm and would probably apologize a thousand times if he actually hurt your feelings.

tsukishima is probably the type to show affection in a subtle way. like no full on PDA but he'll casually kiss his s/o if he wants to or grab their hand. he's probaby make fun of them for wanting to cling to him a lot or kiss him but he's actually lowkey needy asf and wants to hug tf outta them when they're alone. probs gets embarrassed easily with his s/o but hides it by being smug or making them more flustered than him.

I DONT THINK HE'S THE TYPE TO SWEAR CRAZILY. he's probably let a few 'shit' or 'fuck's fly but nothing too crazy where he'll be like 'that's why i fucked your bitch, you fat motherfucker', you know???? he swears in moderation :]

ILL ADD ALL THE PICTURES/VIDEOS/SOURCES LATER SO THAT YALL CAN KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT HEHEH but you can check S2 EP 8 for young tsukki and S2 EP13 for tsukki's house entryway/living room for book reference!

IN ALL HONESTY, there is no right way to write tsukishima. just have fun and write him however you like! it'll all work out in the end! IF YOU DO WRITE A TSUKKI FANFIC, UHM SEND IT MY WAYTYYYYY HEHEHE ID LOVE TO READ IT

uhhhh, idk if there's anything else i want to say but if there is, i'll add it onto another chapter later!

for now, see you later 😏

- keisgf