chapter 10 (the call )

(Shadow)

the sun beats down on my bare back as I train the pupswhom I have made it a game so they would learn. Soon I am laying onmy back with Sarah next to me.

She is happy talking about getting to help with herneice or nephew, "i amso happy Shadow. When will they get here? Iwanna play with them...."

I smile as sherambles on and on and soon I dontunderstad a word she is saying. As I lay there I feel Eric's presentsand look to my left, "hello baby. How are you feeling?" I smileand stand up.

I grab his and Sarah's hand as we head up to theappartment. Sarah is staying with us for the night because she toldmom that she misses me so we told her she could stay.

Sarah on her 3 year old legs runs up the stairs ahead ofus, she bounces at the top waiting for us to get there and I unlockthe door. She runs to the toys shes brought with her and starts toplay.

Eric said he wanted to go out tonight so he heads to ourroom as he said he wanted to take a nap. I turn to make a light lunchand when I get done I see Sarah asleep on the floor. So I pick her upand carry her to Erics and mines roo and lay her down and go back toeat as they nap.

About two hours later they woke and eat a little to tiethem over til dinner. I smile at the notion that this will be ourlife in the not so distant futur.

After that I head to my office to do some paperwork asthey play and watch t.v. When I start on the next set of files myphone rings.

"Alpha Storm," I answer strongly.

Chuckles erupt on the other end of the phone, "hellocursed Alpha."

that voice so familiar yet so strange, "can I help yousir?"

"yes you can by freely giving us your land and theLuna."

my heart stops, "you will never get my land and Luna,"I all but scream. My door blows open and in storms Eric, the beta andthird.

"your land will be mine and your Luna will die."

then the line dies and my eyes land on Eric, "Shadow,"his voice so low I amlost cannot hear it.

"Come here, Eric," I open my arms to him and hewalks into them.

"i will protect you, love." I hold him.

"we all will, Luna." joe says strongly.

after that was said Eric decided he wanted to stay in saying that he wanted to be on the pack grounds and not in the neiboring to so i put in a call and Sam offers to pick it up and bring it to us. i smile at Eric and kiss his cheek.

(Eric)

I toss and turn all night not being able to sleepbecause of the haunted look in Shadows eyes. When five am comes I getup and ad leave Shadow asleep. I get ready and head down the stairsand into the kitchen.

I inform the head omega mother that I am heading to myparents house. She nods and I start towards my childhood home.

Walking up to the backdoor I peer in and see Daddy andPapa in the kitchen cuddling as they wait for the coffee to get done.I knock on the door and their heads turn to the door.

"morning Eric. What are you doing here so early?"

I smile, "morning Daddy and Papa. I wanted to see youguys."

they invite me in and I send the day with my parents. Itake out the new sonogram of there future grandchild. Daddy startsgoing on and on about teaching them how to make some foods he taughtme to do. Papa stats that hes going to take her fishing.

Daddy turns to him, "what do you mean her?"

papa just smiles, "it is going to be a girl," and itwas left at that.