The Secret

The opposition of the parliament was having a private meeting at one of the hotels outside the city. Clayton Constance, Chloe's father was on of them.

"This will have to surface one way or another. I think your daughter will be in grave danger, Clayton." The leader of the panel commented and Clayton was in deep thinking.

"I heard the King already found her and she was supposed to inherit the thrown. She was the rightful heir of the monarchy." another man commented and Clayton slapped the table hardly.

"I don't care who she is! My daughter will be queen and this will satisfy everyone in this panel!" he snapped but everyone where shaking their heads.

"Definitely it will benefit us, but we cannot afford another uprising because we stole the power of this monarchy to the rightful successor!" the leader said firmly and everyone were nodding their heads.

"Yes, it all roots down to power but if we lost its control we know we would face unrest and this will show how weak we are." Another man commented.

Clayton can't see the point of arguing anymore. He left the meeting abruptly and drove back to the city. He walked up to where his daughter's room was. Chloe Constance was soundly sleeping now as he closed the door and walked up to his office. His daughter will be married to Prince Jacob no matter what. Their engagement was all set now after graduation. He didn't care if the King found the rightful heir to the thrown. Little did he know that his power greed plans would make him lost someone he cherished the most in his life.

The following days the capital was facing a lot of demonstrators getting rowdy on the streets. The King was getting anxious and was having second thoughts about the engagement. He was also weighing things about telling the truth to the rightful owner of the thrown.