Chapter 1: This is my life

"Kristen!" My name echoed through the not-so-big duplex building. It was only 7am and I struggled to understand the rush to actually be at school. The sound kept on ringing in my ears until I was greeted with a wet also in the face and a new puddle forming on my bed all courtesy of my mum. She was still holding the bucket in her hand when she said, "Oh, now you're awake. Now get in the shower and get out of this house!" I knew she was joking- kinda. I was in junior year in high school and I wasn't exactly thrilled to resume the new semester. It wasn't about my grades or anything- I have those on lock- it's my friend group. One of my favourite people just transferred out of my school to another country and I could feel their absence.
     "It's funny because I can actually imagine you doing that." My friends laughed and I joined in until my eyes landed on her. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm straight and all but there are some people that you would happily switch sides like Isabella Moner and the beautiful specimen in front of me. Zara Violet Cove. She was talking to someone, a boy. I don't know why but it kinda made me want to go over there. It was either jealousy or a sudden desire to be social- probably the former. As I approached, I realized the boy was her close friend Toby.