. .. . amazed . .. .

.. ... ..

mina was more than ready to fall in love and her current crush was just encouraging her.

she couldn't tell if she wanted to be y/n or date her, couldn't tell if she wanted to spar her or take her out to live in a cottage covered in ivy.

she sighed, head resting on her hand as she watched y/n from afar. the classes are at lunch, y/n was sitting with her class after kendo had asked for over a month now.

mina couldn't tell if the orange haired girl liked y/n, she had asked momo about her but she wasn't able to offer up much info.

she sighed again, bakugo looked up at her with a death hungry glare.

"will you stop fucking moaning about that girl and talk to her." he asked rhetorically, his voice wasn't raised and instead only loud enough for their table to hear.

"bakugo, you know if she went over there monoma would annoy her till she left." sero said, getting the blonde to squint his eyes before looking over to the other blonde.

"that bastard thinks he's better than me, she could take him. probably finally put him in his place." bakugo mumbled, a couple laughs coming from the group before mina looked back to y/n, accidentally catching her eyes.

mina jumped, not expecting to make eye contact. her hand flew over her mouth eyes shutting harshly as she internally died of embarrassment. the boys gave mina concerned looks, bakugo looking over to y/n who also seemed worried.

"now that i think of it, monoma didn't say a word when y/n was with us at the training camp." kirishima said, getting a couple hums of agreement.

"he's probably scared of her." kaminari added in, mina sighed. "look at her, she's built like a bear! or a tiger, like that one picture of the buff ass tiger."

"but she's cute, not scary. she's shy, and sweet, and she makes adorable faces, especially when she drops something." mina gushed, eyes practically hearts as she smiled at the other girl.

y/n on the other hand, was petrified. she saw her crush looking at her, not only that, but then her whole table looked over. she couldn't help the intrusive thoughts telling her they were making fun of her.

that she didn't belong at the table with her classmates and that she's better off alone. that she thought she was just so cool, that everyone loves her when in reality they all hate her. intrusive thoughts suck, but y/n's mind is made of them.

"y/n, that mina girl keeps looking over here." tokage said, bumping their shoulders, "i bet she likes you." she teased.

"kage," kendo warned, getting the other girl to sigh.

"i'm just messing with her! it's how i show affection!" she said, trying to bargain with the mom friend™.

"she does seem pretty interested in you, y/n." another girl added in, heat rising in y/n's cheeks as the attention was on her fully.

"guys," kendo tried, not wanting to overwhelm the poor girl she'd just adopted as her introvert.

"you should make a move! ask for her number or something!" tokage said, getting a couple of the others to agree.

but y/n shook her head, trying not to blush.

"maybe let stay out of y/n's hair." kendo said, looking around the group as a warning, "if y/n wants to talk about this we can but we should get to know each other better before gossiping and making assumptions."

the group quieted down, though eventually they were back to chatting away as a table. each person made attempts of including y/n, and they were happy to find that she was trying to engage with them rather than brush them off.

with lunch ending the group threw away trash, laughing and cracking jokes as they went.

but golden glazed eyes met y/n's as she was tossing some trash.

"hey, i think you're really cool and if you want i really wanna be friends." mina said, holding her phone up for y/n to take, "i was wondering if i could have your number?"

y/n froze, recalling the last time she remembered falling asleep hoping and praying this wasn't another dream.

but her hesitation made mina retract, "you don't have to, obviously! we don't have to be friends if you don't like me or something." mina rambled, looking away from y/n, all former confidence gone.

"it's not that it's just," y/n said, patting the pockets of her skirt, "i don't know my phone number."

mina laughed. she was relived and amused, a wave just washed over her in an instant before butterflies attacked her at the sight of a small bashful smile on y/n's lips.

"you're adorable." mina said, only have processing what she had said before a head full of orange clouded her view of y/n.

kendo stood with one hand on y/n's shoulder, a smirk playing on her lips as dimples cut through her cheeks. she winked, looking down from mina's eyes to a phone she had been holding out.

mina took it, watching and chuckling slightly as kendo pranced away happy to have been a helpful wing man.

y/n shook her head as mina typed in her number, laughing quietly sending mina into a trance. "thanks, and sorry about that." y/n said, reaching her hand out and meeting the pink girls halfway.

"no problem, text me." was what mina said, turning on her heal and walking away to appear confident while the boys hollered and cheered for her.

while at the 1-b table, y/n sat down and was patted on the back, a gentle reminder that she was making more friends.

.. ... ..

a/n: hello, me again low key forgot what i wanted to do with this story...