xiii. THANKSGIVING

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THANKSGIVING

"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝... 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬,"

November 30th

BILLIE LAID IN BED WITH IRIS IN HER ARMS. Billie made sure to wake up earlier so she could make sure Iris got more sleep, she needed it. It was about 11 when Billie decided to wake the girl up. She gently shook her while placing kisses all over her face. "Wake up sleeping beauty,"

Iris slowly opens her eyes and groans before burying her face deeper into Billie's chest. "10 more minutes please,"

Billie laughs before tickling the girl making her wiggle around. "Stop please I'll get up!"

Billie stops and finally calms down her laughing while kissing her head "I already let you sleep an extra hour, It's thanksgiving baby,"

Iris rubs her eyes "It is... since when?"

"Since now, come on get ready," Billie gets out of bed before walking over to Iris's side of the bed and helping her into her wheelchair. 

Since Iris got home from the hospital, Billie still never left the girl's side. They were always together and they both didn't mind it. Iris has been to physical therapy every day now but she still hasn't tried walking. Her legs are slowly gaining their strength back but they still aren't even close to being completely healed. Iris always felt frustrated that she couldn't walk, it was embarrassing to be weak and she didn't like it. No matter how many times Billie told the girl that it was okay to be weak sometimes and that she will get back to normal soon, she didn't care. She still overall felt weak and she hated it.