Two

...

Sebastian

...

"There! Tell me how you could miss her, Bernard!" Every time I turn in this place my eyes spot her... I cannot get her out of my mind, her eyes dominate every thought and I cannot rid myself of the urge to figure out her reason for being in a place like this... My mind feels as though I cannot rest or even just focus on the card game I currently have a hand in... I feel as though I am a man possessed and at this point, I do not even know if that beautiful creature is real for no one else seems to see her... No one else seems to notice when she lets her feet carry her lighter than air across the room only to vanish when my eyes blink of their own accord trying to cope with the intake of her beauty... I know not what to do with myself...

"Sebastian, is it time for us to leave for the night? You've barely had a sip of your ale but you're acting as if you've had too much to drink. There is no woman with silver eyes here." The way Bernard sighs at me is maddening, and there is so very little I can do to keep myself from shaking the man to get him to open his eyes and actually look and see what I am speaking of...

For how can he not see her when she is making the very room we are in spin before my eyes?

How can he not feel the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end?

How is it that I am the one being questioned for my behavior when he is so focused on the exposed chest of the dealer of our cards as if he's never seen breasts before? How can he not see those haunting silver eyes as she moves about the room and evades every attempt I make to flag her down and the whispers of her image that I keep catching around the room have set my heart to a thundering rate... How? How can he be so blind? I do not understand it...

"Bernard!" Just as he lifts his eyes to look at me I find myself turning because I catch a peek of the robes I think might be hers, my current hand of cards being spilled onto the table as I see someone sweep themselves right out the door, the raven braid trailing behind them as if it were a tether pulling me after her, "There she is! She's leaving!"

I do not check to see if he follows me, my mind no longer caring from the way he keeps brushing me and my need to figure out the strange hold that stunning woman has on my very soul... My body throwing itself after her while my name is called out behind me as though I might pause and listen to whatever it is Bernard thinks he has to say on the matter of me chasing after her... Whether or not I leave on my own or at Bernard's recommendation it matters not, just as long as I manage to catch up to her in time in order to figure out how it is that she has come to dominate my mind using not a single word just her very presence alone...

I want to know what spell she has cast over me... But low and behold when I catch up with the witch, my hand finding her slim shoulder so that I might stop her and cause her to turn and face me while I demand answers I find myself falling silent, my soul so very shocked as fresh air finally cleanses my nostrils and I am able to catch the scent rolling off of the skin of the delicate angel before me... His face startled as his silver eyes stare up at me... His facial features so very soft... The gentle fullness of his cheeks coupled with that set of full lips what had led me to think that he had been a woman in that smoke-filled parlor...

All of my words had been prepared for a woman I had thought was a caster of some sort of charm and I find myself just as shocked as the stealer of my heart as he continues to stare at me trying so very hard to figure out why I have stopped him... Who would have known that I would find the other half of my soul inside of a brothel... The reason why he had been driving me mad so very clear now that I can catch the scent wafting out from under the heavy smell of the incense and poppy smoke that the brothel had been so very full of...

"May I help you, Sir? Did I accidentally take your drink before you were finished, because Mama can refund you or get you a new one? I'm off for the next few hours." The voice that lifts itself to my ears elicits the strangest of extreme reactions, the urge to pull him by the shoulders until I am able to embrace him fully right here in the street nearly overtaking me as I stare down at him trying to figure out what to say while his eyes burn their way through my very being...

In the end, I find myself unable to resist... The gasp he gives when he finds himself wrapped up in my arms, my own scent finally finding his nose causing him to relax and pause after a few moments of questioning why I find the need to have him pulled flushed against me with my nose buried in his hair... That one single gasp shall keep me awake for the rest of time so that I might be able to roll it through my mind over and over again and never risk losing the memory of the soft supple sound of my soulmate recognizing the feel of my scent filling his nose for the first time and knowing that he is safe now... The words that follow slipping so gracefully from his mouth causing a bark of laughter to leave us both, "So I am guessing this has little to do with your beer or wine... Or maybe too much. Are you three sheets to the wind, good Sir? For I cannot offer to help you home arranged this way. You've at least got to let me turn so I can guide us with my eyes instead of my heels. It's far more conducive to walking, my friend..."